• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory for EVGA X58 Classified

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What a difference this PC is going to be compared to the one you have!!!

Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 $174

So since you are getting the i965, I assume you are doing some extreme cooling like Dry Ice, LN2, or Phase? Otherwise, I would really save your money and get a 920 or 940 and overclock it. The 965 is really only worth it with extreme cooling (that does not mean water cooled for the record).

What a difference this PC is going to be compared to the one you have!!!

Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 $174

So since you are getting the i965, I assume you are doing some extreme cooling like Dry Ice, LN2, or Phase? Otherwise, I would really save your money and get a 920 or 940 and overclock it. The 965 is really only worth it with extreme cooling (that does not mean water cooled for the record).

ive had the 965 for about a month (still in box)
i should receive my case Thermaltake VG4000SWA Xaser VI tuesday
i havent deceided on exactly on the type of cooling, but my case should be large enough to add cooling

^^ Wow those are pretty! ^^

Well, if it were me, I would return it. $1k for a processor that you certainly wont get the most out of is a waste to me. But my motto is also get the best you can afford. So....I still say if you are going only water, then return/sell the 965 and get a 940 and pocket the $500 difference.

^^ Wow those are pretty! ^^

Well, if it were me, I would return it. $1k for a processor that you certainly wont get the most out of is a waste to me. But my motto is also get the best you can afford. So....I still say if you are going only water, then return/sell the 965 and get a 940 and pocket the $500 difference.

Yes those GT's are a must have! I just have to wait for the savings to catch up.
as for the 965 its a must have, my p4 while old runs all my games and vista.
my only prob is video code, broadcasting hd wirelessly, and soon to run house security, i have 3 puters networked. this new rig i want to play a little and i want to buy items one time, not to realise later oops shoulda got that instead. im sure the 965 will serve me well as my p4 did. besides its a hobby and its fun.
Most importantly my girlfriend siad "OK you can get it":santa: LOL

How much did you get that i7 for? I managed to get mine for $600 :)
It will make your old pc look like a calculator in comparison :)

I-7%20YES!%20it%7C4s%20mine.jpg
$999 to me its an investment

I understand Mac. I just try to save people money when I have the chance. You will undoubtedly LOVE your system when its done.

I understand Mac. I just try to save people money when I have the chance. You will undoubtedly LOVE your system when its done.

its all good, and yes im very excited about the build. If it make my p4 build look like a calculator ill be most happy:bday:
thanks for the tips im very positive when everything gets in ill be asking for you knowlegde on overclocking and definetly some major cooling:thup:

just curious are you going to OC the MB, and also do you have tri-sli? otherwise, u really don't need that mobo, its like driving Ferrari at 20mph

$600 for memory is not really worth it. take a look at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104084

oh yes tri sli is definetly part of the works. over clocking yes, ive been reseaching cooling for the last hour.
but all in time because this build is on the salty side.
it might take a few months to get everything together
mobo, case and power supply will be here in a few days.
next mem then sli and ill be researching cooling for a while
i leaned from my prescott that things can get a bit warm:mad:

Things changed from the PrescHOT days, but funny it comes full circle b/c those i7 chips run warm.

Its a shame you cant purchase all at once. In a "few months" things will be much different as well as prices.

Memory has changed do to the fact mobo, cpu, case, two res, psu, tubing are here.
cpu block, 2 120.3 rads, 2 pumps, 2 285 hydrocopper will be here within the week.
The waiting list for those GT's is long, and i need to get this thing going, i grabbed these:
G.SKILL PI Black 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000
Cas Latency: 9
Timing: 9-9-9-24
Voltage: 1.65V will these do for now? thanks

Compared to his old system, he will see a HUGE difference and probably wont run into limitations even with 3g.

I just ordered the dominator 3g kit and since I am using a 32bit os again, it is all good for now. My 6g OCZ kit will be here from RMA, so I got that for 64bit times lol.

So if he ios using a 32 bit os, that ram will be perfect for him.

Compared to his old system, he will see a HUGE difference and probably wont run into limitations even with 3g.

I just ordered the dominator 3g kit and since I am using a 32bit os again, it is all good for now. My 6g OCZ kit will be here from RMA, so I got that for 64bit times lol.

So if he ios using a 32 bit os, that ram will be perfect for him.

Thanks henzo,
yea untill i can get my hands on those gt's I'll be using 32 bit OS,
If I wait any longer for the gt's the I7 will be out of date LOL

Memory has changed do to the fact mobo, cpu, case, two res, psu, tubing are here.
cpu block, 2 120.3 rads, 2 pumps, 2 285 hydrocopper will be here within the week.
The waiting list for those GT's is long, and i need to get this thing going, i grabbed these:
G.SKILL PI Black 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000
Cas Latency: 9
Timing: 9-9-9-24
Voltage: 1.65V will these do for now? thanks
Those will be fine, but there are better timing ones available... like was mentioned above, 6GB probably would have been best.

He only grabbed the g.skill 3GB kit as a temporary solution so he can get the rig up and running until the Corsair GT are in stock.

BTW, this should be a very nice build when it's done. Pics will be required and are the price of our advice.

Back