• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you know anything about future of X58 & LGA1366 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zurvan

Well yes, I admit its hard to predict, but for people in the know, can you please inform how long X58 and LGA 1366 are here to stay ?

Intel roadmaps pair Westmere with X58, does that sound plausible ? I mean , all current X58 boards accepting the 32nm shrinks without anything more than a BIOS update ? And what of Sandy Bridge ?

Given the average cost of ownership of the X58 boards, and ofcourse the recessional times, upgrading the whole setup each year would be madness.

PS: I know Lynnfield is the real thing for 'conservative' (read 'el cheapo') builds but that too will have a switch between P55 and P57 within six months of introduction :eek:

Basically the jist I heard is that there is going to be more 1366 socket cpus after core i5 hits but its just going to be enthusist market chips i.e. powerful and expensive. Of course its all heresay till they release it.

Basically the jist I heard is that there is going to be more 1366 socket cpus after core i5 hits but its just going to be enthusist market chips i.e. powerful and expensive. Of course its all heresay till they release it.

Do you mean 32nm hexacores or more quaddies ? Anyway, I wont upgrade in such a short interval, i am more interested in whether this will hook up with Sandy Bridge or not. But I doubt a 3.6 Ghz i7 will be a bottleneck soon, might just wait for the new rev 13 of the X58 boards

i7 is for high end expect to see it around for a while.. longer then amds ?754?/939 split boards....... yes you can expect to see 8 core cpus for i7....

^That was a server part IIRC.

Man, I just dont want to blow up bucks only to see Lynnfield come and overclock just like its big brother. (I know clock for clock there's hardly any difference)

Back