• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime95 fails in the "blend" test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grim Tuesday

Registered
OK, so I was trying my hand at overclocking the other day, and I was pushing up my E6300 Conroe 1.86 GHZ, I got it up to 2.10 GHZ before I thought to run a stability test. So I ran Prime using the small fft test, and it easily passed it for an hour, or until I got bored of waiting, and stoppd it. I then ran the "blend" test, and my computer hung after only 7 minutes. Basicly, just using my computer caused great instability. I assumed that this was a RAM issue, so I ran memtest86+ and it too failed. With the advice of the MaximumPC forums, I changed the ratio to a lower amount, so that my 800 mhz RAM was running at 750. I then ran PRime again. It again failed. Then I thought that my RAM voltage was too low, as my mobo defaults at 1.8, and my RAM runs at 2.1. No love. Then I realized, that when running Memtes again, that newegg had, a year and a half ago sent me the wrong RAM, it's latency was 5-5-5-18, not 5-5-5-12. This meant that the correct voltage was 1.9, so I lowered it to that, and it still doesnt work. I have no idea what to do next, and I am thinking of giving up overclocking for good.

STATS:
1.86 GHZ E6300 Conroe
2 gigs of 800 mhz RAM, 5-5-5-18(or 5-5-5-12)
Nvidia 7600GS
250 Gig hdd
Gigabyte 965P-S3 with Intel P965
380 watt psu
If you need anymore stats, then just ask me

Quiting overclocking because you have POS ram is silly to me. DDR2 800 ram is the cheapest around, 4g kits for $30-50 is an awesome deal. Get some new ram and move onto a higher oc and faster system. Easy as that man. I had to RMA my ram, no biggie, happens all the time.

What brand and model number is your current ram?

These Patriot Vipers are $18 after the rebates man. KILLER DEAL!!!!!!!!!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220293

OK, so I was trying my hand at overclocking the other day, and I was pushing up my E6300 Conroe 1.86 GHZ, I got it up to 2.10 GHZ before I thought to run a stability test. So I ran Prime using the small fft test, and it easily passed it for an hour, or until I got bored of waiting, and stoppd it. I then ran the "blend" test, and my computer hung after only 7 minutes. Basicly, just using my computer caused great instability. I assumed that this was a RAM issue, so I ran memtest86+ and it too failed. With the advice of the MaximumPC forums, I changed the ratio to a lower amount, so that my 800 mhz RAM was running at 750. I then ran PRime again. It again failed. Then I thought that my RAM voltage was too low, as my mobo defaults at 1.8, and my RAM runs at 2.1. No love. Then I realized, that when running Memtes again, that newegg had, a year and a half ago sent me the wrong RAM, it's latency was 5-5-5-18, not 5-5-5-12. This meant that the correct voltage was 1.9, so I lowered it to that, and it still doesnt work. I have no idea what to do next, and I am thinking of giving up overclocking for good.

STATS:
1.86 GHZ E6300 Conroe
2 gigs of 800 mhz RAM, 5-5-5-18(or 5-5-5-12)
Nvidia 7600GS
250 Gig hdd
Gigabyte 965P-S3 with Intel P965
380 watt psu
If you need anymore stats, then just ask me

What is exactly the error you are getting in prime if your computer does not hang??
If it says rounding error, x.x should be y.y or like it, your core (cpu) voltage is too low.
I would give it a try.
I blamed my RAM many times, but found out the vcore was too low.

i had a p5b deluxe, and a 6300, that was my first intel s775 setup :)

that cpu should do 500fsb, maybe even more.. i was able to run my 6300 at 3700mhz. maybe you can list your settings in the bios so someone can help you a lil better ;)

Back