• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommendations for a solid s1366 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silencer51

I was thinking of getting the Asus P6T Deluxe V2. For 100 euros more I can get the EVGA x58 SLI. Is the price difference worth it?

Any other mobo recommendations? I know the Gigabyte Ultra board is getting a lot of good press...

Could you elaborate on the PITA thing? I'm also gathering up parts for my i7 build (down to RAM, mobo, and CPU) and it seems like the EVGA boards are ideal. Great company, good OC'ing tools, lifetime warranty...

Don't mean to threadjack Silencer, but I have/had the same question.

By all means, I'd be interested in more details about the EVGA board too ;)

Deanzo, would you say EVGA's board is like the DFI boards of the socket 939 era which were incredibly picky and difficult to set up yet yielded the best OC results?

I chose to get the most DFI like board, a DFI DK :drool: Find a board with the options you want, the cpu is going to be your limit, not the boards. The EVGA Classified might be an exception but it was basically made for LN2 runs.

I chose to get the most DFI like board, a DFI DK :drool: Find a board with the options you want, the cpu is going to be your limit, not the boards. The EVGA Classified might be an exception but it was basically made for LN2 runs.

What is LN2?

and where can I find LinX?

Could you elaborate on the PITA thing? I'm also gathering up parts for my i7 build (down to RAM, mobo, and CPU) and it seems like the EVGA boards are ideal. Great company, good OC'ing tools, lifetime warranty...

The EVGA -TR version is only a 2-year warranty. It is not a lifetime. The -A1 version is the lifetime warranty.

My impressions of three i7 boards. All overclocked about the same (4Ghz with 2 chips).

Asus P6T Deluxe: Solid and with rather mature BIOS at release. Three problems: Board layout was not good for one PCI-E video card and one PCI sound card in that they had to be right next to each other. Utility for overclocking within Windows would only allow for a few bus numbers of change before it froze the computer. Finally, Board's S3 sleep function was solid at regular speed but would only successfully sleep once at overclock speed before failing to wake.

EVGA X58: Possesses a great layout for PCI-e and PCI slots, good tech support, good company. Problems: Initially introduced with some flaky BIOS issues which could lead to BIOS corruption. S3 Sleep mode is still not working for overclocker speeds. "Without Vdroop" setting required 1.42volts under max load for 4Ghz on a CPU which could do this speed at 1.375v on other motherboards.

Gigabyte UD5: Nice layout of slots, company working hard on new BIOS releases, S3 sleep mode works at overclock speeds, and the most robust cooling solution for all motherboard components. Problems: Their load line calibration doesn't work well and consequently you run at higher volts than needed when CPU is idle at 12x multi.

Back