• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to unlink the RAM from the FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grim Tuesday

Registered
OK, so I am trying to OC a conroe E6300, and I cant seem to figure out how to unlink the RAM from the FSB. Is there some way that I can just set the RAM to a certen frequency, withougt it corresponding with the FSB? I dont know why? , but whenever I do that, even with a ratio lower than the RAM's stock speed, then it still crashes PRim95. I know that it is not a CPU problem, as Prime will run fine int the small FFT section

Here is my mobo: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. (Gigabyte) 965P-S3
With a Intel P965 chipset

No, there is no way to do that with that board.

Running the ram at 1:1 is the best you can do, but the mem speed will go up with your fsb.

Many have had that board, list all your hardware and settings, someone may see something that can help.

1.86 GHZ core2duo Conroe E6300
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. (Gigabyte) 965P-S3
250 gig HDD
7600 GS videocard
380 watt PSU
Arctic 7 freezer pro cooler
2 gigs of 800 mhz RAM (the latencies are debatable, check out my thread in the memory section)

My computer is running at all stock right now, If you need any more info, I have a thread similar to this in the Maximum PC forums
Also, hop over to my thread in the memory section of this forum.

Back