• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My First WC System Help Appriciated

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheOneDragon

Well hello, I am currently serving the Armed Forces and the time has come to consider going back to the old school tower based setup for gaming.

*(I have been using a Clevo M590KE w/ AMD TRx2 TL-66 cpu and NV 7950GTX's laptop for gaming)*

Anyway, enough with my wonderous laptop lol, she still gets the job done :soda:

The following are my system specs of the future tower I plan on building. At first I was going to use all air cooling but due to have an apt, it wouldnt hurt to try water cooling for once. I only wish to cool the two whopping nuclear reactor ready Sapphire Radeon 4870x2's. The CPU will remain on air cooling, the chipset I will determine in the near future but probably will be air cooled as well.

Starting with the tower:

NZXT ZERO 2 Crafted Series CS-NT-ZERO-2 Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Critical Hardware:

ASUS M4A79T Deluxe ATX DDR3 AMD Motherboard
Chipset cooled by stock heatsink w/o fan, plan to buy mini fans for both N and S bridges.

AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM2+ 125W
Cooled by: ZALMAN CNPS9900LED 120mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler

1x Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive ---For MISC files/extra games

2x Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLFS 300GB 10000 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive ---Raid 0 for OS and Gaming

2x OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit
Cooled By: Stock Heatsinks

Video Solutions:

SAPPHIRE 100251SR Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit (256-bit x 2) GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card
Cooled By: --To be WC--