• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

walling at 500???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brwnfldl

Registered
I made the move to water and started to push higher on my old commando, but now I cant post over a 500 fsb, I have before on air. Ive tried looser memory timings, much higher voltages, but still no post over 500, not sure whats going on here. any suggestions would be very stress relieving:bang head

oohh so mad couldnt even get a post at 501 :bang head. arg what gives the liquid nitrogen guys are getting 650+fsb on these old commando's :confused: granted its with the e8*00's, but common now!?!?!

Do you still have good airflow over the motherboard, and the northbridge? they all still need to be cooled.

air flow is good and plenty. the northbridge is under water also. Ive posted at 520fsb before but temps were out of control so I moved to water. Im just at a loss now

So you were able to obtain 500FSB on the Commando before switching to water? And after switching to water you can't? What are your temps looking like?

ive posted and stressed at 520 before, but temps were too high for air, with water temps are awesome, but when I try for a higher fsb again I cant break 500. ive also tried my lowest multi, removing 2 1gb sticks of ram, ive also tried a suicide run with voltages in range of 1.9 to 2.2 on nb and 1.75 on the cpu but nothing. also bumped ram voltages up. im not sure what else to try :confused:

im so frustrated:bang head with it right now, but yes I have an updated bios. the newest one is just support for 45nm. im still running good ol' 65nm, and ive also cleared cmos many times.

Back