• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC6400 showing as PC5300?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chiba

Hi,

Let me start with telling you that I don't know much about RAM, so please be patient if I ask stupid questions. ;)

Yesterday I replaced my old 2GB PC5300 RAM with 4GB of PC6400 RAM. So far it runs perfectly fine, but at startup it's shown as PC5300, which I think is not right. I guess I could get more out of my RAM, but I don't know how.

I uploaded a CPU-Z dump here, I hope this helps.

In the BIOS manually adjust the DRAM frequency to 800MHz, primary RAM timings to 5-5-5-18 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS), and the DIMM voltage to 2.0v. The OCZ kit that you purchased has the SPD programmed at 667MHz, which ensures a successful boot with the board default of 1.8v. To see the current speed of the memory, click the 'Memory' tab in CPU-Z (not the 'SPD' tab), and look in the DRAM Frequency field. It shows the speed that the memory is currently running at, like this example...

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/st...plat4gb_3d.png

... 400MHz / DDR2-800.

Last edited:
Back