• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Striker II Formula

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

michaelalford

I have searched the forums and have not found anything that might help. If someone know of a link or can help please do. I am wanting to boost the performance of my memory. Right now in the Windows Vista Performance page everything is rated at 5.9 EXCEPT my memory, it is rated at 5.4. I would like to be able to boost this so that my rating and performance is better when gaming, viedo, etc.

I have set the memory settings per the manufactuor, Corsair, at 5,5,5,15 and a voltage of 2.1. If anyone is formiliar with my motherboard and can point me in the right direction or help me in setting the settings of the mb so I can get better and stable performance out of my memory. Here is my setup I am using at the moment. Also I am using SSD drives and the performance strill seems a bit slow, any suggestion on that as well? Clean install, Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 FULLY updated with MS.

PNY GeForce 9800 GTX 512MB - x2
ASUS Striker II Formula NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Socket 775
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Quad-Core Processor 2.4GHz LGA775 8MB
CORSAIR DOMINATOR with DHX Technology TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF (2x2GB Sticks-Total 4GB)
ANTEC TruePower Quattro TPQ1000 1000W Power Supply
OCZ OCZSSD2-1SLD60G Solid Series 60GB - x2 (Raid 0)
ANTEC Performance One P182SE Mid Tower Case
SATA DVD/RW: PIONEER DVR-215DBK - x2
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Logitech G-15 Keyboard
Dell-E228WFP 22" Wide Screen LCD

Than you

You didn't mention what your current NB strap is, but at the default FSB of 266 MHz ( 1064 MHz QDR) using an unlinked 1:2 ratio (200/800 NB strap), the resulting DRAM frequency matches your current RAM SPD of 1064 MHz. This combined with the default timings of 5-5-5-15 at 2.1 Vdimm and all sub-timings set to AUTO (tRFC set to 54 w/ 2 x 2GB sticks), and Command Per Clock (CMD) set to 2T.

If i am understanding you correctly, yes everything is set to AUTO, the section for CPU Level Up is Auto, AI OverClock Tuner is Auto, CPU Spread Spectrum is Disabled, SATA Spread Spectrum is Disabled, and the sections for OverClock Options, System Clocks and FSB & Mem Config are greyed out since other settings are at Auto. If I need to provide anything else let me know.

Attachments

• CPUMem2.jpg
    CPUMem2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 215
  • CPUMem1.jpg
    CPUMem1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 203
  • CPUMem3.jpg
    CPUMem3.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 204
  • CPUMem4.jpg
    CPUMem4.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 198
Here is the Memset, if need anything else let me know, I will be gone for a bit have to do a few calls(I am a service tech).

Attachments

• MemSet.jpg
    MemSet.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 214
Redduc900, can I use the Memset program to change that or do I need to do it in the bios? Was wondering since everything is set it auto. Should I tweak it a bit ot get a bit more performance out of it so Windows Performance will read 5.9 instead og 5.4? Or should I leave it as is? If you do suggest tweaking it I will need a bit of help if at all possible. Thanks for your help so far.

You can change the sub-timings using Memset, but I don't suggest using the "Save" button to save your settings, or set to load at startup. Make any changes you plan to keep from within the BIOS, and test them respectively using Memtest86+. MemSet is useful in checking values you set in the BIOS against what you get in Windows, or to see what AUTO is giving you as a setting. So take all of your timings off AUTO (both primary and sub-timings) and them to the same values as those in Memset. The only value that I can see that you might want to lower is tRFC, from it's current 68 to between 48 and 54 (start with a value of 54, and work your way down to 48). If you have a "Performance Enhance" option in the BIOS, set it to Standard.

Back