• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pc6400 as Pc8500?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChanceCoats123

d20 in a jacket
Just a simple question. I have cas 5 ddr2 800mhz. It's corsair xms2 and I was wondering, if I set the speed to 533 (1066) and then manually set the timings to cas6, would it work? I'm guessing yes, but memory and timings are not my strong point :beer:.

Edit: I tried setting to 533 and then 6-6-6-20-24. No boot on that one. I finally jsut said screw it and took the time to undervolt my cpu. Nevermind posting in here, by lowering to 3ghz, my ram speed went from 445 to 500. Good enough for me. :D

Last edited:
You will probably have to increase the voltage a little, about .2v.

I have the same ram as you as far as I can tell, and I had it running at 1066 5-4-4-12 at 1.9v. That doesn't mean that you will get that, but it is something to shoot for.

I have been loving my ocz reaper 1150, for a little more money and they give the OC headroom: running 8 gigs but can easily pull 2 sticks out and do some benching.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227406

I would keep them out of Asus boards though, asus users seem to have trouble with ocz reapers from my reading. The old biostar tpower gives them big hugs along with UD3P gigabyte board from what I have heard (not sure on what board you use).

Sadly, the price is much lower than when I bought mine, rebate is confirmed and on the way to me.

Back