• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

says I'm oc'd in the bios, but not on post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Petebert

I've been running this same setup for at least 2 years now, core 2 duo [email protected]. All of a sudden post screen and windows show the cpu at 2.13. I check bios, put it back at 400x8, reboot and post still shows 267x8. Went and rechecked the bios and 400x8 is listed there but for some reason its not posting that way.

I tried reloading the bios, that put all the settings at default. I put everything back in and post is still showing 267x8.

Is it dead?

Instead of trying to boot with a 400MHz FSB, try a small increase from the default of 266MHz to 300MHz, then 'Save and Exit setup'.

300x8 is posting as 267x8 as well.

i'm considering a new build anyways, havent cared for this this mobo too much, video card is starting to slack with newer games, etc... could buy the new setup without a cpu yet and see if i can get my 6400 back to 3.2 for the time being.

voltage didnt change anything, tried the different settings and found it will let me change the multiplyer just not the clock speed, I cant even underclock it.

... then you have a revision 3.3 board. You might also want to post the rest of your system spec's, including current voltages as read by Easy Tune5, and anything else you can think of that might help.

the board physically has 1.0 stamped on it, gigabytes @BioS uploaded 14b for me. I think 1.0 was supposed to end at bios 11

dont have anything installed right now for voltage, dug through my download folder and found CPU-Z, not sure if thats showing a reading or just shows the default but it says 1.328v, coretemp says 1.325 which is the stock voltage.

I had this problem a while ago, too (on a GA-EP35-DS3L).

Just unplug the power, and plug it back in after a few seconds/minutes.

It only happened to me once in a year or so.

You might want to check and make sure you have the right BIOS version installed. There's 3 revisions of the GA 965P-DS3... 1.3, 2.0, and 3.3. Like you mentioned the latest 1.3 BIOS version is F11.

Back