• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P6T Deluxe Setup - This look ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bfromaz

Hi All

Putting together a P6T Deluxe based setup and wanted advice as to what i'm buying. Suggestions welcome. This needs to last 2-3 years and be upgradable.

P6T Deluxe - Purchasing based on several reviews including maximum pc's review.

Mushkin 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 - picked the Mushkin based on the Toms hardware charts from this thread. http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?p=1216173#post1216173

Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme RT 1366 - Highly rated by Maximum pc

EVGA 896-P3-1267-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB - Again excellent Maximum Pc rating and a good price

Thermaltake V9 Black Edition ATX Computer Gaming Chassis with Dual Oversized 230mm Ultra-Silent Cooling Fans - Good reviews on this case and available under $100 locally.

Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can spend a bit more on a better MB so suggestions here can help. I can also save a bit on memmory by getting wintec instead of the mushkin at a minor performance hit. Mushkins $150 and the Wintec $100.

Thanks
Bfromaz

I personally always spend a bit more on the board and cheap out on the ram as much as possible. I don't see too much point in having RAM that runs SUPERDUPER fast because I don't run any software that is really RAM dependant.

I have the p6t deluxe and a gigabyte ud4p and like the giga better. I also have the mushkin 7-8-7 memory and some ocz plat 7-7-7 and like the ocz better by far. with the mushkin I have to go 2t at 1800 or so and the ocz will run to 2060 at 1t, also have another kit of the ocz and it will only do 1990 1t but havent really worked with it much. for the money the ocz is the way to go

Back