• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg bulk pricing + shipping discounts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BrandonB

Sometimes .. it's just goofy..

I needed a couple of cheap 80mm fans for an old case I'm givinig away... Went to some I'd used before and put 2 in my cart.. +shipped total.. $13.22

Just for the heck of it.. I tried the bulk order of 10.. $12.90

If you're ordering just fans.. they cut the price on the shipping down and it doesn't work out.. but when you order something else (even if it's free shipping) they charge the big price mentioned on the product page..

If you're ordering just fans.. 2 is $6.57.

So.. because it was ordered with something else that they could throw it in the box with.. they doubled the cost of shipping lol.. and it ended up being cheaper to buy 10.

Guess I have some extra 80mm fans if things go very very wrong. lol

Good, now move to Alaska or Hawaii where you have to use 2nd/3rd day FedEx/UPS and ANY order results in a minimum of $20~ in shipping. Top that off when you've got your order all set, paying $40-50 in shipping (but you don't have any other options because the only other place you can get any sort of components is BestBuy or some such, otherwise prepare to pay UPS/FedEx from most places) and then you add a small thing of Arctic Silver5 and get nailed with another $6 in shipping. o_O

But yeah, I've done that with cables and what not, where it gets cheaper if you just order more instead. Strange bulk pricing/shipping some times.

Sometimes .. it's just goofy..

I needed a couple of cheap 80mm fans for an old case I'm givinig away... Went to some I'd used before and put 2 in my cart.. +shipped total.. $13.22

Just for the heck of it.. I tried the bulk order of 10.. $12.90

If you're ordering just fans.. they cut the price on the shipping down and it doesn't work out.. but when you order something else (even if it's free shipping) they charge the big price mentioned on the product page..

If you're ordering just fans.. 2 is $6.57.

So.. because it was ordered with something else that they could throw it in the box with.. they doubled the cost of shipping lol.. and it ended up being cheaper to buy 10.

Guess I have some extra 80mm fans if things go very very wrong. lol

Back