• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e5200 wolfdale on an intel dp45sg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

z0wb13

will the slower (~800MHz) bus on an e5200 bottleneck the faster (~1600/1333MHz) fsb on a dp45sg. total n00b question, but i can't figure out how those two values are related. i have tried searching the forums, so links are appreciated.

BUMP: so i'm going to bump this, because i haven't found a very clear answer yet, and i have been looking a lot.

i finished my first build, but i'm still fuzzy on the whole memory timing thing. this is where i'm at:
dp45sg mobo
e5200 cpu
adata 2*1GB PC3 10666 ram

everything else works, at least well enough to type this, but i can't seem to overclock the chip right or get the ram to post @ 1333MHz. i think that the reason is that the stock fsb on the e5200 is set at 200MHz with a 12.5 multiplier, so it goes that 200MHz*4 equals 800MHz, which is what my ram is stuck at.

am i stuck like this, or can i change the fsb to 333MHz and run the ram at full speed? do i need to increase the voltage to >1.3875V?

do i have to to change cpu and ram speeds at the same time for the system to boot, and is there another stable bios that is better than the latest intel update?

every time i change the ram timings, from 800MHz to 1333MHz, i get 3 beeps and have to move the jumper over. do i have to adjust the timings from 6-6-6-15, and is there a manual way to adjust the memory ratios?

and the only time that i didn't kill the clock speed was by setting fsb to 267MHz at stock voltage. however, although it posted in the bios and under properties as 3.34GHz, cpuid told me i was really running at 1.66875GHz.

i'm thinking that either i'm under-volting everything- i had to use an extension cable to reach the cpu plug- despite having a 500W zumax or that i just got a bad chip. i also heard that the mobo was rather buggy.

thanks! i posted some screens. sorry if this went on and on, but it's driving me crazy.
mobo.jpg cpu.jpg ram.jpg

Back