• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-EX58-UD3R Offically Supports SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
loaded up the bios, and wish I would have waited for this, instead I bought 2 4850's instead. ah well, next gen SLi here i wait.

Now hold up.... Aren't there 2 versions of this board out??? I think me and Chrome-187 were talkin about this in another thread... I have the UD3R.. Ohhhhh... F5 Bios....
Where's Henzo at now?? LOL...

Thanks for the info Hicookie... that's great news...

whats up venomos =)

i heard that if you update the ud3r to the sli bios that it voids the warrenty. that brings up another question, what are they going to do with the sli model since they made the original ud3r support sli now? is there any difference between the ud3r orig and the ud3r sli version? if there is no difference i dont see any reason to buy the sli version? this has gotten very confusing now

yea i though this was a bit odd a while back on newegg. they have the DS3R and DS3R-SLI board, both the same price. popped up on newegg about month or so ago...

Hmmmm... I know Chrome-187 pointed out the SLI board on Giga's site to me but now that just doesn't make sense for both boards to support either format... Weird.. Maybe someone was just getting mad that the first board didn't support it and made a fuss (it wasn't me, I swear). But, who knows... Other than the SLI or Xfire, is there any difference between the boards?

--Edit--
Here are the 2 boards side by side

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...mpareItemList=N82E16813128386,N82E16813128375

Nothing stands out except the ram choices... pretty weird...

Where did you hear that flashing an approved gigabyte bios (from the website it should be approved lol) would void the warranty? Just curious.. not calling ya out ;)

@chrome-187 - Not much bud, just waiting on my PSU to get here. First one was DOA, hope the replacement is better :)

Last edited:
a brief confirm nvidia SLI on GA-EX58 UD3R, and officially supports
first i download the official BIOS on GIGABYTE website, F5
here is the link, http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=2989#anchor_os

Test enviroment.
CPU, Intel core i7 975 sample @ 4.4GHz
CPU HSF, Thermalright utlra 120
M/B, GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R , F5
Mermory, Kingston KHX16000D3T 3CH , 2GHz 1.65v
VGA, GIGABYTE GV-N28-1GH-B *2
PSU, Silverstone 1200w
NVdriver:physx off
OS,Vista 32bit

Hardware picture
setm.jpg

Turn on SLI
sli.jpg

200Bclk*20, 4.4GHz, 1.45v for CPU, QPI-VTT 1.41v, DDR3-2GHz 1.66v
GTX 280 oc to 700GPU/1300GDDR3
sliud3r.jpg

i didnt notice till now but dam the gigabyte board puts the video cards right on top of each other...isnt that going to cause a heat issue with both cards? thats not good at all, no air between them...cookie what did you score with a single gtx 280? i want to see the performance gain with sli on that board...

i didnt notice till now but dam the gigabyte board puts the video cards right on top of each other...isnt that going to cause a heat issue with both cards?
well sadly alot of boards are setup like that... yes it will but i think that is the reason the fan area is recessed now on newer NV cards. that way the card in the top most slot is able to grab fresh air. instead of starving to get air due to blockage. its easy to see the difference if you look at the older 8800GTS/GT vs the 9000/GTX/GTS cards..

Now hold up.... Aren't there 2 versions of this board out??? I think me and Chrome-187 were talkin about this in another thread... I have the UD3R.. Ohhhhh... F5 Bios....
Where's Henzo at now?? LOL...

Thanks for the info Hicookie... that's great news...

Right here and happy lol. Finally I dont feel like I got hosed out on sli lol.

so which UD3 is SLI and CF capable?

i may grab one here soon

Both are now, the non branded SLI UD3R (older version) needs the bios update and then it is ready to go. The other one is outta the box ready. So, I would say get which ever one is cheaper where you shop the flash if needed.

i see so if it comes with the sli bridges i guess thats a sign huh?

EDIT

i see its actually designated SLI nvm :p

hmmm.... i7 is becoming more and more appealing.

Last edited:
i see so if it comes with the sli bridges i guess thats a sign huh?

EDIT

i see its actually designated SLI nvm :p

hmmm.... i7 is becoming more and more appealing.

Yeah, just open the box and see, I do it when I buy from a local shop (which has not been lately as their prices are ridiculous).

The two boards have identical layouts and should interchange bridge wise if you do get the older ud3r and flash it.

Hey guys!

Hello,

i'm Daniel, i have a GA EX58 UD3R v. 1.6.
i want the update bios to enable SLI, cuz
in the website dont see any F5 Bios Version :(

some one can sendme the file bios? please! :/

y.y:rain:

Last edited:
Back