• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg appears to finally want rush processing fees

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

Well, after a few years of normally getting same day shipping if I ordered early enough with normal processing, and several problems with delayed shipping if I paid for the rush processing, it looks like Newegg has finally changed.

I ordered 2 1TB WD drives with 3 day free shipping Tuesday about 10am.

They are still only sitting at charged nearly 48 hours later.

I guess Newegg has finally decided that they need/want rush processing fees.

Not really a problem for me, as I'm in no rush. However, it was a bit of a surprise.

Understand, this is NOT a complaint. This all falls within their policies.

I'm just mentioning this, as it is a change from past experience.

However, if it doesn't ship today, I will call up and complain tomorrow.

I've noticed the slower response times too. A year or so ago, I ordered something and it was on the way to the shipping section in 5 minutes, out the door in 15.

Really? I ordered a set of 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2-1066 on 3/31 @ 9am and they were shipped out the same day with the free "Egg Saver" shipping.

Really? I ordered a set of 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2-1066 on 3/31 @ 9am and they were shipped out the same day with the free "Egg Saver" shipping.

Which warehouse did they ship from? Mine are coming from the NJ warehouse.

Mine shipped from TN, but for some reason went north to KY. I could've had them about now if they would've went south...lol...it's a shorter distance here than to KY.

Well, after a few years of normally getting same day shipping if I ordered early enough with normal processing, and several problems with delayed shipping if I paid for the rush processing, it looks like Newegg has finally changed.

I ordered 2 1TB WD drives with 3 day free shipping Tuesday about 10am.

They are still only sitting at charged nearly 48 hours later.

I guess Newegg has finally decided that they need/want rush processing fees.

Not really a problem for me, as I'm in no rush. However, it was a bit of a surprise.

Understand, this is NOT a complaint. This all falls within their policies.

I'm just mentioning this, as it is a change from past experience.

However, if it doesn't ship today, I will call up and complain tomorrow.

Torin,

I have never used advanced shipping with Newegg and always received everything promptly depending on where they had it in inventory. Seventy five percent of my items came from their NJ warehouse which allows me to receive the items quickly. If items must come from California to NJ, it never takes any longer than normal UPS across the country (3-5 days at most).

If I order early enough in the morning and the item comes from their NJ warehouse, on many occasions I receive it late the next day on in two days. Any slowness in shipping seems to lie in the transfer from Newegg to DFL. Otherwise, my normal shipping with Newegg has been outstanding. I have seen a few items that appear to be "sitting" too and perhaps their scanning has not been updated then suddenly the item is received the next day or the day after.

Last edited:
I've still had very fast service from Newegg

I made 2 orders this month, one at 10am and one at 12:30 my time, and both were shipped that same day around 7pm my time. Pretty good turn around if you ask me. I would CERTAINLY be happier if they would ship Fedex instead of UPS simply because, for me at least, Fedex always goes faster.

BTW, I'm in Northwest Indiana and my shipments usually come from TN. I've had a couple in the past that had to come from NJ, but most come from TN.

Being that my shipments always go out within 7-10 hours, I think it would be a waste of my money to use the quick ship option.

Torin,

I have never used advanced shipping with Newegg and always received everything promptly depending on where they had it in inventory. Seventy five percent of my items came from their NJ warehouse which allows me to receive the items quickly. If items must come from California to NJ, it never takes any longer than normal UPS across the country (3-5 days at most).

If I order early enough in the morning and the item comes from their NJ warehouse, on many occasions I receive it late the next day on in two days. Any slowness in shipping seems to lie in the transfer from Newegg to DFL. Otherwise, my normal shipping with Newegg has been outstanding. I have seen a few items that appear to be "sitting" too and perhaps their scanning has not been updated then suddenly the item is received the next day or the day after.

Well, I am just over the PA border from NJ. Like 15 miles or so. When they ship UPS, I have always gotten it the day after it shipped.

Newegg just flipped the status to "shipped" and it says it is shipping from the NJ warehouse. We've already gotten our UPS shipment today, which means they didn't ship it yesterday.

So, yes, they waited 48 hours after getting the order before shipping. All of this is within their shipping policy statement. So, no cause for complaint, just a note that this is different than what used to happen.

Newegg has been really fast to me lately. Ordered a few items yesterday afternoon and they arrived this morning.

Edit: I am fairly close to their NJ warehouse though, probably closer than you in PA.
Newegg has for years shipped items out unusually fast to people. Now we all kinda expect them to come quick all the time.. They have spoiled us :)

Had two orders on the same day, same warehouse. The second order shipped the day I ordered it (10 hrs after placing the order), the first shipped today (24hrs later for a total of 48). I've never had it sit at Charged like that before.

Every time I've paid the $3 for rush processing the stuff hasn't shipped till the next day. Every time I've skipped the rush thing, it's shipped same day. Only placed maybe 15 orders with them, and only did the $3 thing about 4 times, but it seems to be a pattern..

Every time I've paid the $3 for rush processing the stuff hasn't shipped till the next day. Every time I've skipped the rush thing, it's shipped same day. Only placed maybe 15 orders with them, and only did the $3 thing about 4 times, but it seems to be a pattern..

RB,

We have seen enough posts here about Newegg express shipping that to me it doesn't seem to make much difference like you have found so I've never used it for that reason. To me, and from my Newegg tracking, I don't see a difference regardless of where it's shipped from.

Mine shipped from TN, but for some reason went north to KY. I could've had them about now if they would've went south...lol...it's a shorter distance here than to KY.

That's because the main sort facility for UPS in that area is in KY. If it had been going FedEx it would have went to Memphis. I am in AL, if we ship overnight to Atlanta it will go to Memphis and then back to Atlanta.

I havent noticed any change in the time I get my products, but I just think the website does not update as often, so its a little more scary to track the progress of the order.

Back