• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P6T Missing 1gig on Post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neo_18

Okay.... Huh??? just pick this board up. got 3gigs of matched corsair tr3x3g1600c8d. mobo only seems to post 2gigs. tested all stick, all slots and what not seem to be all good. Windows XP Pro only sees 2gig. fig, coz of the post... but when i run speed fan it does see all 3gigs in the right slots..?? Okay WTF??? :/ .. tryed all bois and still only post 2gig of 3gigs in a tri-chan setup.

RMA ??? :screwy:

Hmmmm onboard sound was hissing and driving me nuts... go to set up a soundblaster X-Fi card..... and it seems the PCI slots dont seem to work.. this new build dont seem to be going to well.. oh well.. RMA'in it.. lol :bang head :beer:

Just swaped out the board with a new one. same mobo. it must be the cpu. coz im still getting 2gigs on boot. PCI slots work on this one. i fig it must be a bad cpu memory contorller... coz its doing the same thing on the middle bank :confused::bang head

Yup, Bad memory conrtoller in the i7 920 chip. just swaped it. now we got all 3 memory banks working in Tri-chan now... guess this is what i get for geting new hardware on Apr 1st. one bad mobo and one bad cpu. and going back to intel. been and AMD guy for years lolz. all good now tho :beer: stress this thing for a bit and see what kind of OC i can get out of this puppy

Back