• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

strange corsair + asus memory problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boonet

Registered
Hi,
i oc'd my cpu to 4.0 ghz, my ram specs are to be seen in the signature...
fsb:ram ratio is 1:1 so it's ectually underclocked...

now i run into a problem when doing memtest in windows. i get an error copying **** from one part to the other...
prime 95 blend test: 20 hours stable
sometimes when i change my ram and reseat it, it works again....

what is the problem, bad contact with mobo, or bad ram modules???

boonet

I would see if you can duplicate the same issues with each memory module installed one at a time. If you get the exact same results with both modules individually, then there is likely some other cause than a failing or unstable memory module. Also, use www.memtest.org to test the memory, it will be more accurate than anything that runs within Windows.

If you can rule out bad memory, then you may want to increase your NB voltage to about 1.45-1.5 volts and see if stability improves with your overclock.

ok, the weard thing is, when i saw this, i have reseated it, and before that worked, after reseating it showed no errors. Then i had to take my mobo out to replace cooler, after that, things didn't worked anymore. I tried what i did before, nothing helped.

i think its the first memory slot that causes problems, because when i take that module out, evrything works, when i put that module in another slot evrything works, so i think its rather a mobo problem. bad contact or somthing like that. Maybe i should try to get a new mobo, but then i dont have a pc for like a month :(.
I never notice it, neither when doying every day **** on pc, neither when playing games, neither when blend testing with prime or with occt...

Is it worth resending??

BTW about that memtest ****, it doesn't work with my pc, my dos isn't working properly i think, or do you really have to write it to a floppy disk. i tried with a dvd...

Back