• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help P6T6 WS Revolution Overclocking and Memory.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jhuggs

I recently bought and put together a computer with these parts

ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor

I hope that someone can help me out, the problem I am having is I cant figure out how to get my Ram to run at the recommended 1600mhz. I have my Processor overclocked to 3.5 now but the ram is only running at 1066 or some low number. When I go to change dram frequency in bios when I have my bclk overclocked it gives me some really high numbers on my dram freq. Any help would be very appreciated, Sorry for the long post.

Im OC'd to 3.41 and RAM is running @ 1295. Havnt messed with the BLK or RAM since i updated BIOS to the newest (was using 0311). The BIOS upgrade seemed to help with a more stable OC, not sure if it would help the RAM. Using the XMP profile of the RAM with everything defaut settings, i couldnt even post with 0311. Maybee ill find some time and see if the new bios made a difference...

If you are at stock settings than change your Ram multiplier to 12x and your Uncore to 24x, there you are...1600. Please, turn off XMP and manually set your timings and voltage to what GSkill recommends, they may also recommend a higher than default vtt(QPI/Dram on Asus is vtt for the rest of the world)

Back