• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ's RMA is outstanding!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
Recieved an OCZ powerstream 520w from a member here which turned out to be DOA. Said he wasn't 100% if it still worked and didn't have time to fully test it. With that in mind I accepted it. Turns in it was indeed DOA :(

I call up OCZ's tech rep and explain my situation. He says the unit is EOL ( End Of Life) and thus is discontinued. I agree with him and I just ask if anything can be done. I also told him it would be great if it can, but if not I understand perfectly. Rep puts me on hold for about a minute, gets back and says "just send it in, we'll replace it no problem" just like that :) He explains I have to create a trouble ticket and all that jazz. Since it was late I create the ticket and fire it off in an email. Next day in the am I check my email and sure enough I got my RMA number and shipping instructions. Packed up and shipped this puppy out with the quickness. Tech Rep said RMA turn around time is like 7-10 days so I'll give it 2 weeks.

OCZ scores mad points just for this painless and quick RMA procedure. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope the turn around time is fast and update :D:thup:

I also had to return my 520 as it died an early death. Please note, that many people have had the same problems with the once popular 520 series. The cost of the return, born by me, was $20+ for their failed product. OCZ products have taken a real nosedive. In my mind, having a good RMA department hardly makes up for selling poor quality products.

Good luck with the replacement, Nebulous.

R7 :beer:

I would wait to give them good feedback till you have your new unit in-hand and are sure it works. You never know what they will send you, and it could be dead too. Believe it or not, I have had this happen to me.
I have heard good things about them though

Hey R7, cost for me to ship out the unit was $22+ :eek: Rep on the phone said they'll replace it with a new unit ( I hope). Sry to hear about your misfortune.

mxthunder of course, thus is why I just stated " OCZ scores mad points just for this painless and quick RMA procedure"

I'm sure they'll do right :)

Now on the other hand a different company/Brand *coughcorsaircough* is one that will never get my business. I had nothing but brain tumor headaches with their products and RMA service. Never again.

Now on the other hand a different company/Brand *coughcorsaircough* is one that will never get my business. I had nothing but brain tumor headaches with their products and RMA service. Never again.

Hahahahahaa!

They could have the worst RMA service in the history of the world... I'd never know, because I've NEVER had a Corsair product die on me.

Multiple sticks of RAM (got a three year old 2x512mb kit 6400 that I've taken up to 550mhz that's still going strong), my new power supply, some other things that I can't remember... I've got no complaints at all.

@rseven:

I don't know about that... having a GREAT rma department can make up for all kinds of things. I had a bunch of Maxtor hard drives die on me... but they always replaced them with BIGGER hard drives (usually twice the size or bigger) that *didn't* die.

I had a 60gb drive for my PS2 that they replaced with a 160GB drive. They replaced my 200GB drives with 300GB drives. Plus they cross-shipped it all at no additional expense to me.

I've had good luck with EVGA (they replaced my 8800GTS with an A3 core) but Maxtor were the undisputed kings.

I think OCZ rocks, even though they have a few bad units. I had to replace my 520 too and it was super easy

Curiosity, what did they send you? The one they sent me, the 600w GameXStream, felt like half the weight of the 520. I know they sent me one rated 80 watts stronger, but I suspect some major cheapness going on in the transformers. If my 520 only lasted two years how long will a cheaper replacement last?

Hmm, interesting. I hope they don't do that me. I'm counting on a tank of a psu for the replacement. Main concern here is for it to work and handle evrything I throw at it.

I'll update this thread when I get the new replacement.

this was a few years ago, I thought they sent me a 700w. I couldnt tell you if it was good or not i never opened the box, I sold it and bought a 1000w

One time I called up OCZ regarding a failed product. The power supply was actually still good, but the easily accessible potentionmeters had fallen apart on me. Within a few days of purchase. I had actually opened it up to see if I could replace the potentionmeters with anything but as to why I didn't, not sure... but I resolved myself not to is all I can remember.

What I remember clearly, however, is me calling up OCZ and asking if they could do anything. i did reveal my opening the unit and it wasn't questioned, in fact, ignored. He specifically stated "I'll pretend I didn't hear that" and issued my RMA number.

FWIW, a co-worker of mine just last month had to return 2 sticks of DDR3 three times due to being DOA/giving errors. Kind of makes me hesitant about buying that Vertex next week......

Failures are not good but they happen. I think what's notable in the OP as well as additional posts is that OCZ did warranty replacements even in cases where they knew the warranty was explicitly voided for one reason or another. Regardless of the way certain people might feel about a company for whatever reason that's pretty top-notch.

*Update*

Well here it is 12 days from the time I shipped out my dead OCZ powerstream 520w. I was a tiny bit disappointed in their lack of notifying me when they shipped out the replacement. I did'nt get any type of notice so i called and the rep (Brian) and he was really helpful and gave me the info (tracking no.) and so forth.

Today UPS dropped off my replacement:

004.jpg

I open the box up and to my surprise I got this:

005.jpg

Hot dayum! :clap:

OCZ rules!!;):thup:

nice,upgraded to a 600! damn that took a long time to replace the ocz520... one time i had to rma to corsair they were fast and i didnt have any issues. though that was about 2years ago now, my favorite for RMA service is Gskill. had one dead stick of HZ's from a 2gig kit, they got the ram friday. the had my kit fedex 2nd day to me, got it the following tuesday, damn that was fast!

Yeah, real fast! The only downside with OCZ is the email/phone call notification. I think this dept needs some serious overhauling. They ship their replacement UPS Ground, so I was at their mercy playing the waiting game.

They really did'nt have to replace it, but I'm glad they did :)

I can't say I was as thrilled with my OCZ RMA. I had one of those nice old school 520W OCZ PSUs. It was a superb PSU. About 6 months prior to the warranty's end, the PSU died. Unfortunately my PSU was EOL also. OCZ did send me a quick RMA so I will credit them for that. Hwoever, they sent me back one fo their low-end junk PSUs to replace my high-end 520W. It cost me $30 in shipping to get a replacement PSU that I wouldn't have paid $5 for.

I can't say I was as thrilled with my OCZ RMA. I had one of those nice old school 520W OCZ PSUs. It was a superb PSU. About 6 months prior to the warranty's end, the PSU died. Unfortunately my PSU was EOL also. OCZ did send me a quick RMA so I will credit them for that. Hwoever, they sent me back one fo their low-end junk PSUs to replace my high-end 520W. It cost me $30 in shipping to get a replacement PSU that I wouldn't have paid $5 for.

what psu did they send you?

That's interesting that they sent me one they currently make and sent you an older model. Advanecd cable management is that modular?

Well, whatever, good luck with it. :beer:

R7

Hey R7,

Yeah, it's modular. Installed and working perfectly. Cables are kinda stiff tho so routing them is a pita. None the less it's a new replacement and it works as it should. I'm happy :)

Back