• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

07adams88

:bang head Okay, so I have been building this computer up for about 2 months now slowly replacing parts.I am running Vista x64 and im having issues with my new ram.I was originally running 6 gigs of cheapo 800 ram and wanted to upgrade to 8 gigs of 1066.So i bought OCZ platinum 1066 dual channel ram, had good reviews and even came with a memory fan.I tried auto settings and got bsod on first boot, so i went and manually set the voltage and the timings. It booted fine and ran fast, until i browsed the internet,it froze and refused to boot.So i took out 2 sticks and reset my bios manually and got it to boot.it ran fine on 2 sticks and still does, occasionally it will freeze up but restart and it is good to go.i tested each stick individually and all of them are fine.There are no heat issues. the only thing i can think of is my mobo refuses to run dual channel or doesnt wanna run at 1066.Can anyone help out with some suggestions? :bang head

ASUS m3n-ht Deluxe/HDMI
PNY 9600 gt 512mb
AMD Phenom 9500 x4
OCZ StealthXtreme psu
350gb seagate HDD x2
RAM<--- I think u can figure that one out

Try bumping the vNB (NB Chip Voltage) up one or two notches, with the four primary timings at default of 5-5-5-18 (all sub-timings on AUTO) and 2.1 Vdimm (Memory Voltage).

Back