• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5Q Pro Turbo VS Asus P5Q Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kitarist

Registered
The only thing i want to know is if this new Turbo series is any faster in perfomance than the ordinary ones. Or the only thing thats new is the turbo button and an application that allows you to OC on the fly.

Thanks!!!

the only difference really separating them is CF vs no CF. both are P45 motherboards and should oc the same or roughly the same. one might be slightly better at ocing the fsb depending on the quality of the chipset and where it came from in the die when made. both come with apps to oc in windows so im not sure exactly what the turbo is suppose to offer over the pro. if you CF get the PRO, if you dont need CF then get the Turbo PRO, that is how i would say to make your choice.

Its also funny why dont people get P5Q E version because i think its the best bang for the buck in features but they just get the P5Q Pro while E version is a little bit pricier (+10) or on some stores its even lower but its actually a better mobo. Or is that not right hehe.

Thanks again!!!

Its also funny why dont people get P5Q E version because i think its the best bang for the buck in features but they just get the P5Q Pro while E version is a little bit pricier (+10) or on some stores its even lower but its actually a better mobo. Or is that not right hehe.

Thanks again!!!

Asus has always been a bit of an idiotic company... that's why they lost so much of their market to Gigabyte during the P965 days...

Asus will release 98 different versions of the same motherboard... then update the revisions a few times on top of that... instead of making one motherboard and perfecting its firmware.

That's why the DS3 did so well against the P5B... they updated the firmware for the DS3... it seems... every f'n day. There was at least a beta firmware out every week, and even the official versions went all the way up to 13.

The idea that there's a P5Q... a P5Q-E... a P5Q-Deluxe... and now both a P5Q-Pro and a P5Q Pro Turbo is completely ridiculous. I don't even understand how anybody in a board meeting could've taken that seriously...

P5Q-pro vs P5Q-e is just a different layout and the -E has a sink on the top most PWM vs Pro not having that. which seems a bit backwards, so you mean a different layout and added sink is worth another $10. ok so its not a $10 difference, newegg shows the -E for $144
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131296
vs PRO turbo@$134
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131377
then get this PRO@$119 *is $119 from the listings but when you go right to the product it pulls up $129, wtf newegg!*
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131299

for the price the PRO cant be beat compared to the other. the Turbo might be able to oc better but that hasnt been proven or has it. With XS down we wouldnt know since most of the xtremists post over there about new toys. Not only that but the pro has a much better board layout then the -E or Turbo. now how to you justify the higher cost of the turbo over the regular pro, when the turbo doesnt even support CF? wait a minute, looks like newegg updated pics on the pro turbo. cause last time it didnt have a second PCIE slot, now it does.

ok so 129 to 134,so $5 for another heatsink on the pwm. when the pro should have had it in the first place....

Back