• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skinless

Ok i have some standard Crucial Tech mem which is very good to me so far.

I have to say the mobo i use help alot,i have a asus crosshair.

I am overclocking by raising up the cpu front side bus to 215 x 15 instead of 200 x 15.

My ram goes to 717 mhz instead of 667 mhz & i feel the speed difference very good.

Would it be better if i drop the cpu multiplier to 14 and raise up the cpu front side bus to higher then 215 to archive the same 3.23 gb that i archive now.

So far i really don`t have temp issue its all working in normal range temp.

So guys let me know if i shoult try it or leave it the way i am now. thanks:beer:

You will only get a real benefit from doing that if your ram can actually run at the new higher speeds. I suggest downloading memtest86, and using it to find out how high your ram can run without errors and using this information to decide if you want to try what you were asking about.

Bonsoir or jour... not sure what time it is over there.
If you could give us the specs of the rest of your system, it would help in determining if you should continue to OC any further. Processor, motherboard, ram, Operating System, stock cooling or aftermarket, etc...
You ask, we can help :)
:welcome:

Ok pc setup :)

Stock Cooling with 1 external 80mm fan blowing the cpu that external fan cool the cpu by 4c so not bad at all
My temp at stock speed = 3ghz is 38c idle & 57 c full load
MY actual oc make it at 3.23ghz so exactly 225 mhz per core of oc
The temp is still at 38 c and full load i got 60c to 61 c not bad but could be better.

To be honest i think what i ask from my CPU is more then enough i am running windows vista 32 bit & it just flying like a bullet.
I can run memtest for as mutch days i want without any glitch.
I already try 3300mhz per core 15 x 220 and it was very stable again but a bit to hot for my taste,so i think 3225 mhz out of 3000mhz is quit good with stock cooling.

The crosshair are doing a super job for me so far 1 year now and i don`t remember the last glitch i add hahaha very stable indeed.

Well i hope this help you see if i can raise it up the other way around.

I try putting my timing @ 4-4-4-12 hahah the system didn`t even post lol add to cmod the bios but its ok the crosshair is strong with all that.
The lcd poster tell ya exactly what is wrong :)

Mobo = asus crosshair
CPU = Athlon X2 6000+
Ram = 2 x 1 gb Crutial Tech @ 667 in dual mode
Video card Radeon X1650
PSU = Orion 585 watts
HDD 1 x WD Raptor 150GB 1 x WD250GB 1x WD500GB
Sound Card SB Audigy 2

Give some advice & on my side i will raise the FSP by 1 mhz at the time untill the system are not booting.

So again thanks for you kind effort if you help me out.:beer:

2cngl03.jpg

Last edited:
Back