• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suprising low bandwith.. to me anywayz.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

repilce

mem-bench.jpg

Basically explains it.. i havent tested much on this system. but see'n as i was get'n close to 10Gb/s with balistix and an windsor core @ 3.3 seem a lil low to me.. maybe i'm wrong? but if i remember correctly that was on an nvidia chipset board.. 590 sli i beleive.

something definately isnt right.. your numbers are wayy too low, like you are on an nf2 chipset or something :eek:

i havent used an amd rig for a couple of years, i dont even know what to ask you to check for anymore :(

Change the command rate to 1? Check all the timings in cpu-z memory tab to be correct, and change the CR2 to CR2 in BIOS, that can give a bit more speed. Is this 2 sticks or 4? 2 should handle it fine, 4 can be a bit unstable.

it is 4. i didnt think much of that. it's system in sig. running windows 7 64 beta. i used vista chipset driver pack for this.. could this be an issue as well.. sandra gave me slightly better results than everest.. but still only in the mid 6k's

okay took it down to 2 sticks.. but still get'n the same results.. i'm starting to think that the 770 just sucks for memory bandwith.. my main consern was the latency.. i mean gees.. 100+ ns seems rediculous to me.. but according to the test data with the newest everest they have a 9500 phenom with the 770 at about 112 latency.. so i'm still beating it on all marks.. but wow.. think i'll get a new mobo along with my PII when i do.. a 790 variety.

Back