• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad G.Skill 2GB DDR2-1066 Module

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MattNo5ss

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
I just got my 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2-1066 and one of the sticks will not pass memtest86+ in any of the DIMM slots, it gets 6 errors on test2 and the errors keep adding up as the tests continue. I have the timings at 5-5-5-15 and the voltage at 2.085v (don't have a 2.0 or 2.1 option). Is there anything else I should try before RMA? If I do RMA should I use Newegg or G.Skill? Thanks.

There are a lot of negative reviews on the G.Skill 1066 lately at NewEgg. Maybe there was a bad batch or something. Have you tried the bad stick by itself?

I have been sitting here for days trying to decide between G.Skill and Mushkin and neither seems to be known for good response times with RMAs. I'd go with NewEgg personally.

I have tried both sticks, individually, in each of my DIMM slots, one stick fails in every slot and the other passes in every slot.

Well you can always try feeding it a tad more voltage but it sounds like it's simply a bad stick. Seeing this post (in addition to all the NewEgg reviews as of late on GS) has me nearly ready to pull the trigger on the Mushkin.

Back