• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory oc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mollymoo

Hmm my cpu doesnt seem to overclock too well but no worries go it to do what I wanted seems to be prime stable at 240 X 11 @1.4v this though leaves my ram at 377 when it should be 400. There's not much I can do about that as it goes to high otherwise so my question is if I tighten up the timings will this be enough to make up for my ram running slower than stock?:-/

Hmm my cpu doesnt seem to overclock too well but no worries go it to do what I wanted seems to be prime stable at 240 X 11 @1.4v this though leaves my ram at 377 when it should be 400. There's not much I can do about that as it goes to high otherwise so my question is if I tighten up the timings will this be enough to make up for my ram running slower than stock?:-/

Tighter timings will help. Can you change the FSB/RAM ratio to 5:6 or 4:5?

Yeah it's set to 667 which gives 377 if I set it to 800 then it goes to 440 and thats too much sorta makes the system tilt whilst running prime ............ if i tighten the timings would the cpu oc be worth it for a loss in memory speed ?

I would go with the higher frequency, but with looser sub-timings. Try both a lower frequency with tighter timings, and a higher frequency at looser timings. Then run memory benchmarks, in Sandra or Everest for example, and compare the bandwidth.

Back