• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking to build new rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hellbent234

Registered
i am looking to build a new rig wanna see what people think of this board and if i can oc the board.
ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

prolly will run a e8400 with it

I wouldn't get these nforce 750i motherboards. I have one myself, and now I think it was a mistake to buy it. It works but there are so much better choices out there. Try the GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard from newegg. get an ATI 4780 (1GB) with it. This way you have the option to upgrade to crossfire later.

nForce 750i boards run hotter, they draw more power at idle, video corruption/bsod (blue screen of death)

so, get a p45 board, get an ATI GPU.

I wouldn't get these nforce 750i motherboards. I have one myself, and now I think it was a mistake to buy it. It works but there are so much better choices out there. Try the GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard from newegg. get an ATI 4780 (1GB) with it. This way you have the option to upgrade to crossfire later.

nForce 750i boards run hotter, they draw more power at idle, video corruption/bsod (blue screen of death)

so, get a p45 board, get an ATI GPU.

i argee with everything said above, but i do not agree with the ati part get a 780i or better and stick with nvidia they will out preform every ati card out there in becnhmarks, games and tempature.

i argee with everything said above, but i do not agree with the ati part get a 780i or better and stick with nvidia they will out preform every ati card out there in becnhmarks, games and tempature.

Got any links to those benchmarks? 4870 1 GB and GTX260 core 216 perform within a 5% difference. Only big differences are in games designed for nvidia cards mostly because nvidia sponsors the developers...

Also a good option for E8400 would be a Phenom II x3, 710 or 720. Pair with a Gigabyte 780G or 790X motherboard. Will perform similarly in average, sometimes a lot better, sometimes quite a lot worse.

Back