• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P45 Won't POST After 'Shutdown'

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ordonator

So I've assembled a system using a Gigabyte EP45-DS3L. I overclocked the pants off of an E5200, and the system was stable after a combined total of 24 HOURS of Prime95 Torture Testing, and 6 Hours of OCCT. Everything's great right? Maybe not. After executing a standard shutdown (as in Start->Shutdown) in Vista, the board won't POST when it's booted. I've scoured the Internet and I'm fairly certain that this is some sort of voodoo power management thing in either Windows or the BIOS, but I can't nail down the exact problem. Any thoughts?

I'm starting to wonder if it has something to do with the Power Supply. I have an Antec 550W, but it's one of those eco-earth-friendly deals. Hmm...

Some relevant details:

CPU: E5200 (Stable at 333Mhz * 10.5x = 3.5Ghz, 1.4125v)
RAM: G. SKILL HK 2x2GB PC6400 (333Mhz * 2.0x, 1.9V)
GPU: GeForce 9600GT

BIOS Settings:

C1E/C2E: Disabled
TM2: Enabled
EIST: Disabled
ACPI Suspend Type: S1 (Thought it might be this, but nope.)
AC Back Function: Soft-Off

If you've bothered to read this far, thanks a bunch for your time.

So right now the only way to load my optimized settings when the PC is off is to let it load failsafe settings first and the 'Restart' from Windows. At that point I can enter my BIOS (which gives me the obligatory "your voltages suck"message) and load the optimized ones. It's not catastrophic I suppose...but really annoying. I'm almost tempted, at this point, to try software clock settings. :(

rest the bios and try a lower clock speed an see if when you shutdown whether it is posting. also when i have been overclocking, when my voltages are to low or high(usually low) it is not willing to post.

rest the bios and try a lower clock speed an see if when you shutdown whether it is posting. also when i have been overclocking, when my voltages are to low or high(usually low) it is not willing to post.

Right. So stock clock settings will absolutely POST at any time. My optimized settings load under my new voltages, but only when the machine is either cut off during operation, or if I select "Restart" from the shutdown menu in Windows. This is what leads me to believe that Windows is doing something with my power settings.

Right. So stock clock settings will absolutely POST at any time. My optimized settings load under my new voltages, but only when the machine is either cut off during operation, or if I select "Restart" from the shutdown menu in Windows. This is what leads me to believe that Windows is doing something with my power settings.

Can you post your bios settings?

Can you post your bios settings?

Clock Control
clockcontrol.jpg

RAM
ramcontrol.jpg

Voltages
voltages.jpg

Power Management
powermanagement.jpg

Advanced BIOS
advancedbios.jpg