• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5Q Deluxe users – Help with Mobo software CD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

craige

Registered
Guyz,

I have got Q9550 with P5Q deluxe Mobo. The below problem is happening on both Vista (64-Bits) and XP (32-Bits).

The problem is whenever I install the programs from the supplied CD with the mobo, it takes atleast 6 minutes to install a single program.

I always install the below three software’s only:
1] Intel Chipset inf update Program
2] SoundMax Audio Driver
3] Marvell Gigabit Ethernet Driver

To install the above three it takes 20Minutes to install…! How can it take so long?? This weird problem is only with this DVD….. No other disks are showing similar problems at all…..

Next question is:

Under Vistax64 & XP32,
Do I need to install the following?

1] Intel Chipset inf update Program [What does it do?]
2] Marvell 61xx SATA Driver [What does it do?]

Also, how to know my Mobo Bios Version?

The drivers from the CD are probably outdated anyway, just install what's needed to get to the OS, then I would go to the ASUS website for the latest drivers and BIOS. You can see your BIOS version under the "Mainboard" tab in CPU-Z.

Guyz,

I have got Q9550 with P5Q deluxe Mobo. The below problem is happening on both Vista (64-Bits) and XP (32-Bits).

The problem is whenever I install the programs from the supplied CD with the mobo, it takes atleast 6 minutes to install a single program.

I always install the below three software’s only:
1] Intel Chipset inf update Program
2] SoundMax Audio Driver
3] Marvell Gigabit Ethernet Driver

To install the above three it takes 20Minutes to install…! How can it take so long?? This weird problem is only with this DVD….. No other disks are showing similar problems at all…..

Next question is:

Under Vistax64 & XP32,
Do I need to install the following?

1] Intel Chipset inf update Program [What does it do?]
2] Marvell 61xx SATA Driver [What does it do?]

Also, how to know my Mobo Bios Version?

The drivers from the CD are probably outdated anyway, just install what's needed to get to the OS, then I would go to the ASUS website for the latest drivers and BIOS. You can see your BIOS version under the "Mainboard" tab in CPU-Z.

You don't need a damned thing to get into the OS. And don't go to Asus' website for bios updates, get Ket's mBios updates (do a google search) for the P5Q-Deluxe.

In summary:

1. Throw the CD in the TRASH
2. Download the latest drivers from Asus
3. Download Ket's 2002m bios update

First I would avoid Kets bios like the palgue, he has brick'd more boards than anything else. Maybe if he tested them b4 releasing the bios but no no he leaves that to the end sucker/user.

Second get your chipset drivers from Intel NOT Asus
Best P45 Chipset driver is 9.0.0.1011 if running raid grab the Intel Matrix Storage Manager as well.

If your running vista 64bit make sure to install SP1 if you have not done so, it speeds up read write copy times

i understand i have 2 throw the CD !

But may i please request to remain on the original question and answer accordingly - As my doubts & problems are still not solved....

Back