• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 680i SLI - No onboard sound in Vista!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

necrokiller

I needed a fresh OS install (viruses/spyware/bloatware) I couldnt find my Xp Prof. CD so I installed Vista instead. I have tried several versions of Realtek's HD Audio Drivers but nothing seems to work. Even before I had XP, when I bought Vista everything was working fine then, but this time around there is no sound. Ive tried the latest, and gone back 5-6 driver versions still I get no sound. This is the link i use btw: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Here are a few screenshots of the device config:

realtekt.jpg

No...I just plug my headphones at the back. And usually the 'Speaker' is set to active when it works. I dont use the Digital Output

try vista ultimate

which version of vista did you install? try home premium or ultimate edition. the cheap versions (enterprise) don't have some sort of audio codec so you get no sound.

and try new headphones?

Try telling the sound card you have speaker's attached then.
(according to the screen shot, the sound card doesn't think any speakers are attached,
so no sound)

Thats just Vista's way of saying there is no on-board sound. Even when I plug in the headphones, on XP it used to automatically detect what has been connected and on which jack. (there used to be a nice pop up to tell you that), therse nothing like that on Vista.
I installed another recent drivers that just came out, but there is no stand alone app to control its settings, and no sound.

Did you Dl the current Driver off EVGAs site ? My 780i ( same audio as 680 ) works fine after i install the driver

Once again, I did not hesitate to move back to XP. Just found my CD, installed it, and sound works flawlessly. XP FTW!!! Vista = Garbage.

Back