• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

780i dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[BIOS]O.o

well i went out and bought an cosmos 1000 case because i wanted to transfer everything from my antec 900 into it. the computer was working flawlessly in the 900 as soon as i finish transferring everything over into the 1000 it wont post. being stupid i didn't ground my self and may of shocked the board is the only thing i can think of. the computer its self looks like its turning on, the fans and the mobo looks like it is posting its not trowing any codes it just says FF like it posted and just sits there with all the fans at %100 like it does before posting. There inst any video signal ether iv tried just running the bare minimum and it still wont post iv also tried didn't PSU and no luck. i think i may of busted my board any tips or ideas let me know im using my friends pc for now. its not a big deal its just making me build the i7 pc sooner than expected. Again any help would be awesome!

PS and yes the 4pin cpu power is plugged in.

Take out everything (everything) but the CPU. Do you get a differnt error code? Slowly add more, ram gfxs, hdds. Let us know how you get on.

Take out everything (everything) but the CPU. Do you get a differnt error code? Slowly add more, ram gfxs, hdds. Let us know how you get on.

IV tried that nothing different happened...

I had some trouble with my 780i when i frist got the TRUE.When i installed it my system wouldnt boot.So tried loosening the bolts and then it booted.Then i retightened them and it was fine.Maybe this your problem

I had some trouble with my 780i when i frist got the TRUE.When i installed it my system wouldnt boot.So tried loosening the bolts and then it booted.Then i retightened them and it was fine.Maybe this your problem

Its acting crazy it wont even beep or give me an error when i have NO memory in it WTF!!... i tried your idea and it seems to do nothing different thanks anyway any other thoughts on what it could be?

Forgrt everything you have done or might try. Go backall the way. Pull it and get it on a test bench. Ground yourself. :)
Now start. With the EVGA 780i you dint have to mess with the PWR SW or LED and such. Jus install the CPU [after going over every thing with a magnifing glass, looking to see if you bent a pin or two.] Install HSF, and PSU.
Over by the built in speaker and last PCI slot are two small white buttons. One is Power on, one is reset. Power on and see what happens. If you don't get a bios beeb, don't sweat it-yet. Put in a stick of memory but not in the 1st slot. #3 slot is best but just don't use #1.
There is your strait, solid beginning. Where you find out if some thing is good or bad. Don't add anything else untill you get a beep of some kind here.
Good luck
PS: I doubt your board is dead-possible, of course, but I don't see it at this point.

Yep, yank it put it on a bench or box and start at the beginning. Only way to know for sure.

Man I hope that works out, I absolutely hate going through processes like these. But its well worth it for your rig to be up and running again.

If not ill be selling mine in a few day..lo.lIf my MSI X58 Platinum is ok when i get it tomorrow.I just hope my TRUE's 1366 mounting kit get's here tomorrow also.

Sorry that my suggestion didnt work.

Forgrt everything you have done or might try. Go backall the way. Pull it and get it on a test bench. Ground yourself. :)
Now start. With the EVGA 780i you dint have to mess with the PWR SW or LED and such. Jus install the CPU [after going over every thing with a magnifing glass, looking to see if you bent a pin or two.] Install HSF, and PSU.
Over by the built in speaker and last PCI slot are two small white buttons. One is Power on, one is reset. Power on and see what happens. If you don't get a bios beeb, don't sweat it-yet. Put in a stick of memory but not in the 1st slot. #3 slot is best but just don't use #1.
There is your strait, solid beginning. Where you find out if some thing is good or bad. Don't add anything else untill you get a beep of some kind here.
Good luck
PS: I doubt your board is dead-possible, of course, but I don't see it at this point.

i will try that im at my grandparents house right now but will when i get home hope this works!

Good luck

I did everything step by step what you said i looked at pictures of my board online to make sure i didnt break off anything or wasnt missing anything. i installed the memory into slot 3 and tried diffrent sticks in the same slot. i did not get any error codes for beeping from the motherboard. i also have tried other psu's and i get the same results. anything else you want me to try? again thanks for all the input!

Back