• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus striker two extreme overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jrichardson14

Registered
I am the proud owner of this very nice motherboard. I've upgraded from a 680i chipset and I'm definitely liking the DDR3 memory. Now i just wanted to see what numbers people were hitting with this mb, and what kind of cooling you guys are using on the chipsets/the temps you're getting. I'm getting nb and sb temps of 49 and 44 C, with ambient at 25 C. cpu is 35 under Prime and so far i'm at 1250 fsb (just started, don't judge) with my Q6700.

So far I'm having problems with setting the voltages correctly, and going from a huge array of only 5 options on my old 680i board to upwards of 15 options, i can definitely say i'm a little overwhelmed.

Also, i'm curious how one can use the other voltage options, like the ratios for the cores, and the memory. I have an idea of how it works, but someones experience with this would be helpful.

your going to find that it has be FSB holes.

Yeah well lets just say, I'm not a proud owner anymore. I've hit a brick, reinforced wall at 1400. nothing is working 1401, 1410, 1411, 1414. Its plain retarded. The problem is this board doesn't have any background on the internet like my 680i lt board did. Everyone had an experience with that board, but this one seems to be completely avoided.

Nice setup btw

Big problems

Okay, after experimenting for a while I've gotten nowhere. I can't get it to post with anything above 1400...all the way up to 1600 i tried with 1.6 nb volts, dropped multi to 6x, I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing in the settings that would not let it post after 1400. I've disabled everything under cpu configuration to get rid of throttling.

I have load line calibration enabled to combat the vdroop. I have a 3 hour Prime95 stable system at 1395 fsb with 10x multi and 1.38 V CPU VID in windows, 1.225 V set in bios; but if i try 5 more mhz it completely won't post.

I had the Q6700 chip up to 3.6 on the previous XFX 680i lt mb, so i know the chip can do it, but it seems like something else because it won't even post.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Okay, so i've resolved all these issues and i'm starting to get into the redline of my cpu i think. I've gotten the CPU to 3.6 with a 10x multi. Voltages are getting ridiculous:

CPU 1.49
CPU VTT: 1.52
CPU PLL: 1.63
NB: 1.65
SB: 1.60

I'm a little worried about running it with the PLL so high. I'm wondering what i should be worrying about because my temps are still tolerable, my worst temp is Core#1 at 55C load, 33 idle, 23.4 C ambient. And all that voltage to get to 3.6 is ridiculous since i didn't need anywhere near that to get 3.5 stable on the last board. I think i'm going to move over to 45nm soon.

I'd say that that NB voltage is kind of high too in my opinion. Other than that, there is no reason that your southbridge voltage should be so high. There is no reason why you should have to increase that unless you increase the PCI-E frequency.

Back