• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking through motherboards...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aynjell

HALP!

I'm kind of picky about bugs... and I've decided to go C2D as a stop gap. Even a stock e5200 bests my rig... so it's time to upgrade to C2D. Either e5200 or E7400, but I'm not sure right now. I can afford either, but I figure if I end up going intel chipset I'll get a quad down the road... so if that's the case I'll get an e5200 now.

If you guys can help me narrow down my choices, I'd be grateful. I decided after staring at it long enough I just didn't like the gigabyte boards. Looking at asus, and dfi, etc.

What would all you recommend for a good P45 based motherboard for overclocking the crud out of a core 2 duo?

NVM, I decided against going against the grain. I pretty much ordered most of the stuff that like 90% of enthusiasts on a budget order. E5300 and Antec Nine Hundred combo'd at 25$ off, and minus 10$ shipping. Got a UD3P and 4GB of ram with a 15$ combo off, so altogether, 50$ less than I should have paid individually... and it should work out to be a system miles faster than my old setup. Just gotta find a cooler for the old rig now.

Back