• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for a motherboard so i can use some spare parts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markp1989

after the motherboard in my old pc got damaged, i built a new pc.

i havnt thrown anything away, i have the following parts spare:

celeron D 352 @ 3.2ghz
2gb of ncp ddr3200 ram (2*1gb)
and a nvicia 6200 agp card.
some oem power supply that came with the old pc

it seems ashame to leave theses parts idle when i know they are working fine.

i want a cheap mb could i use to get put these parts to use, and replace my torrent slave. and maybe have a slight OC if the cpu is up to it

which MB model would you recommend for this that i can get for under £50 it doesnt have to be a new model, as i will be looking to get a 2nd hand 1 on ebay or a clearance section of some webpage.

thanks Markp1989

just did a bit of research, by default the cpu has a very high multiplier, at 24, default fsb 133, im new to this kind of stuff, but i know a high multiplier is a good thing for overclocking.

Last edited:
DDR1 and AGP are going to be a problem nowadays, only thing I know of that's still reasonably available on the new market is the Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2... it does fall roughly into your price range, at least. You might be able to find a deal on something used, but I have no specific recommendations there, it's pretty much 'take what you can get'. Not like it7s going to be a high performance system anyhow, so whatever meets the hardware requirements should work fine.

Although, just a thought: you might actually be better off giving up on the AGP and DDR1, and get a cheap DDR2 board with onboard video. You can get a basic Geforce 7100 board and 2GB value RAM for a little more than your budget (shop around, I know nothing about UK suppliers, Aria just happened to be the first thing I found in Google). That should perform better than your old 6200+DDR1 anyhow.

DDR1 and AGP are going to be a problem nowadays, only thing I know of that's still reasonably available on the new market is the Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2... it does fall roughly into your price range, at least. You might be able to find a deal on something used, but I have no specific recommendations there, it's pretty much 'take what you can get'. Not like it7s going to be a high performance system anyhow, so whatever meets the hardware requirements should work fine.

Although, just a thought: you might actually be better off giving up on the AGP and DDR1, and get a cheap DDR2 board with onboard video. You can get a basic Geforce 7100 board and 2GB value RAM for a little more than your budget (shop around, I know nothing about UK suppliers, Aria just happened to be the first thing I found in Google). That should perform better than your old 6200+DDR1 anyhow.

i see where your coming from, ddr1 and apg are old now.

i mite just spend a few hours on ebay 2morrow, see whati can pickup cheap there, i dont really need it, i just feel kind of wrong inside leaving perfectly good hardware doing nothing

any one willing to sell me a socket 775 with DDR1 support, and an agp port? ?

preferably through ebay?

Thanks Markp1989

Back