• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Western Digital RMA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

updawg

StarCraft II Fanatic
I RMA'd a 74 GB 8 meg cache raptor about 3 weeks ago and received a replacement promptly.

I put this back into a RAID array and with bad luck the other raptor failed (had these drives for about 3 years), so I put in for another RMA earlier last week, which I received today.

However, this time around they upgraded my raptor to the 16 meg cache version which is awesome if I wasn't using them in a RAID array since the buffer sizes are different.

I called them a little while ago and was transferred to a supervisor who was extremely nice and upgraded the other 8 meg cache raptor to the 16 meg cache version without a problem.

They are shipping out a replacement with a return label already placed in the box.

This was an extremely good experience!

They also have shipped with 2nd day air which makes for a nice turn around time.

I'm glad I only use Western digital's performance class products. I have one seagate 7200.10 that I bought from a friend for storage when I was less financially apt. Everything else is either a raptor or a caviar black.

I've got 2 36gb WD Raptors that are nearing the end of their 5 year warranty period; they'll probably give up the ghost just shortly after...

Back