• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another MB Recommendation needed.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fomunda

Registered
I am mainly lurke around reading all the cool stuff you folks have done to your systems. Anyway here is another request for a MB recommendation. I presently am using a Abit IP35 Pro that is getting flakey. I need to enter the bios info every once in a while and one of the ethernet ports has gone belly up. So it is time to swap it out before a catastrophic failure occurs. I want to go for expandability to perhaps a quad core & faster memory in the future but would like to keep all the equipment I have for now. CPU/Memory/HS etc. I also don't do much OC'ing and not much gaming. See sig for what I presently have.

What say ye?

Those look like good boards. My concern is the U120E fitting. I presently have two fans in a push/pull config. As far as budget goes...... hmmmm.... I would like to keep it to $200ish.

So far so good with the UD3P MB. I only have two gripes. 1) Not enough fan headers. One more would be nice. 2) I have to tweak on the bios for the memory to come up properly. Right now it is at 1066 vs 1150. I also bought the OCZ memory recommended on the GigaByte website.

So far so good with the UD3P MB. I only have two gripes. 1) Not enough fan headers. One more would be nice. 2) I have to tweak on the bios for the memory to come up properly. Right now it is at 1066 vs 1150. I also bought the OCZ memory recommended on the GigaByte website.

1) That's what you always will wish... Just get fans with the molex connectivity option... :I
2) That's not the motherboard's "fault" by any means. That happens with any RAM over DDR2 800

1) That's what you always will wish... Just get fans with the molex connectivity option... :I
2) That's not the motherboard's "fault" by any means. That happens with any RAM over DDR2 800

I ended up buying the Scyth fan control panel. I need to be able to quiet it down a tad. Regarding the memroy.. I beg to differ. I have experience writing embedded code and it seems to me the mb mfgrs could add the code to add some smarts in the bios. But that is me.....

I also got a good deal on a Q9650 and I should be installing the proc in the next week. Will be interesting going from a dual core @ 3ghz to a quad core @ 3ghz

Needless to say I am happy with the udp3.

Yeah, as long as you aren't doing anything fancy like putting RAID cards and stuff in em the UD3P's have looked pretty killer awhile now,obviously is a solid MOBO.

Used to use Gigabytes when I had Athlon system's, haven't in awhile but that board really kicks butt for what it does from any reviews I'd read.

Last edited:
Back