• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

800mhz only goes 533mhz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slotty76

Registered
ABIT in9-32x max wifi mobo
corsair xms2 ddr2 800 500 mhz only?

Last edited:
ABIT in9-32x max wifi mobo
corsair xms2 ddr2 800 mhz only?

More than likely there is nothing wrong with the RAM. Motherboards rarely every pick up the correct SPD table info and you will have to manually adjust the dividers to force it to the correct speed, or overclock.

To me it sounds like your RAM is running 1:1 and not 1:1.66

i can set the speed to 800 but then it blows the cmos :bang head
all of my voltages are set correcltly and timings are corect.
maybe the ram is not compatible with 45nm cpu???
ram runs fine at 533mhz I just dont get it.

ram doesnt care what kind of cpu it is...the board is another matter... 680i based boards only support 45nm dual cores. since you didnt list which cpu you have, i can only assume it is a 45nm dual core. now the other thing is are you running the ram synced? if synced which ratio? if you are running synced, unsync the ram from the fsb/ratio. as the nv680 allowes unlinking of ram speed from the other buss speed.

ram doesnt care what kind of cpu it is...the board is another matter... 680i based boards only support 45nm dual cores. since you didnt list which cpu you have, i can only assume it is a 45nm dual core. now the other thing is are you running the ram synced? if synced which ratio? if you are running synced, unsync the ram from the fsb/ratio. as the nv680 allowes unlinking of ram speed from the other buss speed.

2.83 ghz core 2 quad 1333 fsb 45nm works like a charm and has been overclocked without a hitch
it is unlinked i can run memory timings at 4-4-4-12 2t 533mhz or 5-5-5-18 2t 533mhz

Back