• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gene vs palm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MechArm1

Asus rampage II gene or Asus p6t deluxe oc palm if you were going to buy one or the other for the i7 920 chip wich one would you buy? the gene is cheaper but is it just as good, worse, or better. . .

thnks guys

Its for my buddy, we're sitting arguing about what's the best thing to do as far as those two boards. . . I just ordered the rampage II extreme and now he needs to upgrade aswell you know how it works :) but he just wants a good board, he doesn't plan to over clock or run 3 video cars. . and is going to run a i7 920 . . . we were just trying to figure out for the price difference. what's the major pros or cons between the two boards. .. he's leaning more towards the slightly cheaper one . . . .

well if he is not going to oc or use 3 video cards... then he should get the Gigabyte X58-DS3R, IMO. no need to spend more on a mobo when your not going to use the features. main thing for the two boards you post about are for ocing standpoint. though with gene a SSF gaming rig is its aim with ocing. if he really wants a SSF pc then go with gene or check out the DFI X58-JR board, the JR board is about $20 cheaper then gene. though i wouldnt trade Gene for the JR

Back