• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Props to Compgeeks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
0,1425,i=145070,00.jpg

I think Compgeeks gets a thumb up for sending me a dead as a doornail Logitech MX Revolution.
Price was great at $31, it said refurbished, and I said how bad could a refurbed Logitech MX Revolutions be?

It wasn't so good:bang head
No big deal I got a dead product, these things happen, and I'll get to why they get a thumbs up in a moment :thup:...OK, 1st, it wasn't refurbished at all. (A refurbished Logitech MX Revolution should be cleaned, have its ..*cough..non replaceable ..cough* battery swapped out with a new one, and since the only way to service the battery is to remove the MX's mouse feet, they should put on new pads. The one I received had mouse feet so heavily used and worn out, it was almost flush to the mouse's base. Plus the mouse looked like it just came out of the UFC cage and won a few battles, maybe it was used as a knumchuck, as it was banged up and dinged.

Compgeek still rocks, because I called them and suggested they pull a couple off the shelves and test them. They must have because Compgeeks nuked the Logitech MX Revolution page. (and they did this quickly, like in less than an hour)
They also are sending me a prepaid Fedex mailer. Which they didn't have to do.

Now I've bought a lot of refurbished stuff from Compgeeks and many other vendors, more times than not I've received new items just in OEM packaging with the serials blanked out with a Sharpie (I've also been able to remove the sharpie markings as Sharpies can be removed with an eraser. Permanent Sharpies are not permanent on most electronic labels, the labels are made to last and the plastics in them inhibit permanent markers from being permanent lol) Anyway, this is the 1st time I've received a heavily used and abused product as refurbished. But what makes a good vendor great is how they address the problem and do the right thing with the customer. Companies like Petra's and Jab-Tech have this down to a science. Newegg used to be in that group, but fast and furious growth has curtailed some of it's greatness (They still are in my top three vendors on my short list)

You know what sucks? A friend liked my Logitech MX Revolution I had with my laptop that I loaned him awhile back, I told him I'll give it to him when I see him tomorrow. Now I have to give him mine for $25 and pray the replacement isn't a lemon. I was going to give him the one that came today. And seeing that Compgeeks nuked the remaining stock, it looks like I may just get refunded and then have to buy myself another for $84.99 :bang head:bang head:bang head

The only good news is I paid $40 for mine. Maybe this is a sign from above to buy the VX revolution for my laptop. :screwy:

Thats good to hear. Thanks for posting that. I see why you bought that mouse. I got one for work @ best buy when they had them for like 45 bucks. kick but mouse. Only think I wish it had one the fly adjustments.

I think best buy still has some on sale for around 65 bucks or so.

0,1425,i=145070,00.jpg

I think Compgeeks gets a thumb up for sending me a dead as a doornail Logitech MX Revolution.
Price was great at $31, it said refurbished, and I said how bad could a refurbed Logitech MX Revolutions be?

It wasn't so good:bang head
No big deal I got a dead product, these things happen, and I'll get to why they get a thumbs up in a moment :thup:...OK, 1st, it wasn't refurbished at all. (A refurbished Logitech MX Revolution should be cleaned, have its ..*cough..non replaceable ..cough* battery swapped out with a new one, and since the only way to service the battery is to remove the MX's mouse feet, they should put on new pads. The one I received had mouse feet so heavily used and worn out, it was almost flush to the mouse's base. Plus the mouse looked like it just came out of the UFC cage and won a few battles, maybe it was used as a knumchuck, as it was banged up and dinged.

Compgeek still rocks, because I called them and suggested they pull a couple off the shelves and test them. They must have because Compgeeks nuked the Logitech MX Revolution page. (and they did this quickly, like in less than an hour)
They also are sending me a prepaid Fedex mailer. Which they didn't have to do.

Now I've bought a lot of refurbished stuff from Compgeeks and many other vendors, more times than not I've received new items just in OEM packaging with the serials blanked out with a Sharpie (I've also been able to remove the sharpie markings as Sharpies can be removed with an eraser. Permanent Sharpies are not permanent on most electronic labels, the labels are made to last and the plastics in them inhibit permanent markers from being permanent lol) Anyway, this is the 1st time I've received a heavily used and abused product as refurbished. But what makes a good vendor great is how they address the problem and do the right thing with the customer. Companies like Petra's and Jab-Tech have this down to a science. Newegg used to be in that group, but fast and furious growth has curtailed some of it's greatness (They still are in my top three vendors on my short list)

You know what sucks? A friend liked my Logitech MX Revolution I had with my laptop that I loaned him awhile back, I told him I'll give it to him when I see him tomorrow. Now I have to give him mine for $25 and pray the replacement isn't a lemon. I was going to give him the one that came today. And seeing that Compgeeks nuked the remaining stock, it looks like I may just get refunded and then have to buy myself another for $84.99 :bang head:bang head:bang head

The only good news is I paid $40 for mine. Maybe this is a sign from above to buy the VX revolution for my laptop. :screwy:

That sucks, luckily my mouse came with my laptop for free! I hate the touchpad so much D:

They sent me a G15 keyboard that turns out to be the Italian version, no mention was made of that on the item page. Never doing business with them again.

They sent me a G15 keyboard that turns out to be the Italian version, no mention was made of that on the item page. Never doing business with them again.

I've purchased about fifty items from Compgeeks over the years and never had a problem, with refurbs and new stuff.

Did you even let them know?

If he didn't, he should have :)

Did you even let them know?

Yep, I called and they said 'it was listed as English/Italian' and that if I wanted to return it I could pay shipping and restocking fee. Thing is I had saved a .mht archive of the item page, as I do whenever buying something online. It's clearly not listed as English/Italian. I went back to their site, and sure enough they had changed it.

edit: I've attached a .zip of the .mht archive showing the item as listed when I bought it. The rep on the phone was very defensive insisting that I had just read the description wrong, and that he had it right in front of him. Maybe I DID read it wrong, but I sure don't see anything in there about Italian.

edit: link to the current item page reflecting the changes after I called: http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=967599-0103&cpc=RECOM They appear to have some in stock, and $48 for a first version G15 is great, if only the keys were all in English.

Attachments

• Logitech G15 USB Gaming Backlit Keyboard w-LCD Game Panel & 2 USB 2_0 Ports (Black) Logitech 967599-
    206.9 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Back