• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ EPP 2.0 with XFX 790i Mobo - Newbie plea for help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mhisani

Okay first of all I have to admit I'm new to dealing with memory setups. With my old DDR2 800 board it was a install and go. Now the ram I have is 4GB of..
http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_pc3_16000_nvidia_sli_ready_edition

And I have it running at 1333 I believe. Now I am to gather it will run higher but I haven't a clue what to change in the way of settings to do it.

If anyone is kind enough to help a relatively newbie to ram setup I'd be really grateful indeed.

I am running a Q9300 Quad core in this board also at 415 * 7.5 .
I'd really like to get the best possible out of this ram.

Thankyou once again,

what do you have the ram set to now, i mean are you using a divider or running the ram unlinked? did you also set the timings manually and the voltage as well per spec? i would start off with the ram unlinked and manually setting timings and voltage. then see if you can get it to DDR3-2000. though i wonder what you have it set to now, if you can get into windows. get cpuz, www.cpuid.com and go to the memory tab that will give you the SDR speed so if its . that means your ram is runing 666mhz that means it is running DDR3-1333. if it does read 1333mhz then that means it would be at DDR3-2666, so that would be over stock speed for the ram.

Back