• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Inno3D and back again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flixotide

Well, I just acquired a GF260 core216 because my old 8800 ultra apparently died on me.

The actual proces would take too long to describe, but basically I tested every component in my gaming rig, with memtests, harddisk tests and benchmarks, due to frequent reboots when playing games. I've reinstalled, done new images, and fiddled back and forth with drivers.

When it became more frequent, I did a lot of swapping of parts and disconnecting of parts to isolate the vid card was faulty, I've chucked in an older 7950 card, and the rig boots up nicely and runs stable, and currently runs stable with a gf 260.. In the end the 8800 didn't even boot up but gave me a series of POST beeps corresponding to a faulty vid card.

Before sending it to inno3d I took it with me to work, and chucked it in a rig here, same dice, beep codes and no POST. So what else could it be?

Since the card is still under warranty I sent it to Inno3D, and hell bites me, they're returning it stating nothings wrong with the card, and they're even charging me for "wasting" their time.

Now, once I get it, and plug it back in, it'd better work. Then I'll drop the issues. If it doesn't, what in icy hades can I do? Its my word against theirs.

edit: forgot to mention that I've also changed the PSU in the proces.

Cheers, Flix

The only time I have seen a card give post beeps is when the power isnt plugged into it. Did you try different power plugs into the card?

Well, I got the vidcard back from Inno3D claiming it isn't faulty, and so they billed me 70 dollars for their "inconvenience".

Guess what? The card just doesn't work. I've tried it in 3 different rigs, all the same result. No post. I insert a differnet vidcard, the rigs boot up fine.

Jeez... its all uphill from here. Its me against Inno3D.

Sigh, Flix

Back