• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte G41M issues overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ExecuTioN

Hello guys, I'm new to these forums and I've got a few issues with overclocking my newly built Core 2 machine. I figured this place would be the best bet for getting useful information and answers.

First off, I just built a new rig with a Core 2 E8400 and a Gigabyte G41M-ES2L. (low budget build) The motherboard is rather new, I believe it was released 2 or 3 months ago. Everything works perfect right now, Vista x64 works without a hitch. However, when I go to bump up the core clock / fsb to anything above 343 the system halts and resets to default clocks. I've tired Up-ing core volts, etc but it doesnt seem to help. I'm thinking its a bios or mobo issue. I've updated to the latest BIOS from gigabytes site.

I'm starting to think it was not a wise choice paying for a cheap mobo if I had overclocking in mind. But I was thinking, Why would gigabyte include such tools in the bios if they did not want people overclocking with this mobo?

20sj0bq.png.jpg
As you can see in the image above, my bus is 343mhz, I cannot raise it anymore without the system halting, etc.

Any ideas as to why I'm having issues?

Last edited:
Possible issue 1: Crappy power supply.
Possible issue 2: Crappy power supply.
Possible issue 3: You're not bumping the RAM ratio down, and it goes too high, and causes crashing.

I got to say, why not Phenom II x3 720 BE and Gigabyte 780G-<insert number+letter seq here>?

Possible issue-BG-O has a one inch pen0r
Possible issue-BG-O has a no pen0r
Possible issue-BG-O is a pen0r himself
Possible issue-BG-O doesnt know what hes talking about
########
ExE it's your thermal paste dude. get with the program.

Back