• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

deciding between 2 asus i7 boards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ydar

I'm trying to decide between the ASUS Rampage II Extreme and the ASUS P6T Deluxe, I'm not using the computer for gaming just applications, also what ram should i buy with it to be able to use most of it, I'd like to be able to over clock it, money is not an issue.
I got the intel i7 920 cpu
thanks

thanks gigabit, how is your memory cause I don't know which one to go with?

I'm trying to decide between the ASUS Rampage II Extreme and the ASUS P6T Deluxe, I'm not using the computer for gaming just applications, also what ram should i buy with it to be able to use most of it, I'd like to be able to over clock it, money is not an issue.
I got the intel i7 920 cpu
thanks

get the rampage ii extreme. its the best board out for the i7 IMO. its basically got everything other boards have and more.

The P6T Deluxe is a great board and will allow excellent overclocks if properly cooled. No need to spend the extra cash on the R2E IMO.

OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 or 1333. Great value and performance.
Mushkin XP Black 3x2 DDR3-1600. Ditto.

Of course there are many other more expensive kits that will offer tighter timings at 1.65v, but the two aforementioned kits are quite good.

Does the rampage II have SCSI ports? Because I have always wanted to run a 15k drive... Anyway. I have to agree with the general concensus that both are great boards. Top of the line period. I personallu suggest corsair for all my ram. So I would say get something like the dominators or the dominator gt's if money is not an object. ;)

Back