• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eggsaver sucks!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aynjell

Avoid the crap out of. :(

My experiences thus far, is I've never gotten a packaged shipped via egg saver. What frustrates me about it is I can't see how it could possibly be cheaper for newegg to do it. My package has changed hands 3 times, and if it ever makes it to me, it'll change hands a total of 4 times:

Newegg -> UPS -> DHL -> USPS -> The needy customer.

I mean, wtf?

When I oredered some G. Skill 2x2gb PBQ memory, it came DOA. Im guessing because of the bubble wrap envelope it came in through eggsaver.

I don't get it either. How is it cheaper for them to use multiple shipper services than just 1?

The shippers probably have a bid system going or a 'standby' agreement where if a certain truck on a certain route isn't quite full, they'll throw a few packages from the other company in there instead of sending it with wasted empty space.

OMGOSH I got my package. Finally. 8GB of ram. Currently running at DDR2-1120 :D :D

Dear Aynjell,

Thanks for taking the time to post your kind review. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this shipping issue may of caused you. At your earliest convenience please contact me personally at [email protected] or via phone at 800-390-1119 ext 25040 so I may further assist you in this matter.

Sincerely,

Newegg Support

How long did it take to ship? How long does it normal take using ups? I'm curious as I just ordered parts and used eggsaver because I didn't feel like paying extra for shipping. I'm not in a big rush for them but it would be nice to have them sooner rather than later.

Dear Aynjell,

Thanks for taking the time to post your kind review. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this shipping issue may of caused you. At your earliest convenience please contact me personally at [email protected] or via phone at 800-390-1119 ext 25040 so I may further assist you in this matter.

Sincerely,

Newegg Support

Package arrived. I'm done with it now.
Very nice, any screenies? Sandra Bandwidth test would be nice :)

I'll get that up in a bit...

Eggsaver sucks!

+1

Newegg warehouse is about 50 miles away, NE has DHL pick up my purchase and hand-it-off to USPS in Carson, Ca. which is about 70 miles away. It's now in San Bernardino(40 miles away) where it's been sitting for the last 3 days.

Next time I'll avoid the scrambled Eggsaver and pay a couple bucks more, rather than go with the "default" shipping, when the default happens to be Eggsaver.

:bang head

Last edited:
Code:
Date  	Time  	Location  	Details
5/18/2009 	9:21 AM PT 	my_location, CA, US 	DELIVERED

Well that's interesting, shows "delivered" 2 days ago. Too bad it wasn't delivered to me. :rolleyes:

USPS quality varies where you live and who delivers your mail. Most mail man still scan it as delivered but don't leave it at your doorstep or leave the form saying homeowner wasn't home, that sort of thing.

Next time, just pay extra, otherwise grin and bear it that you are using USPS.

My experience has been slow with EggSaver, But I do eventually get my package. usually 7 Business days. I ordered an 8gb SD card on monday, got it the next wednesday. Not bad for being free.

USPS quality varies where you live and who delivers your mail. Most mail man still scan it as delivered but don't leave it at your doorstep or leave the form saying homeowner wasn't home, that sort of thing.

Next time, just pay extra, otherwise grin and bear it that you are using USPS.

Funny enough, I have way better service though USPS than I do through UPS.

Back