• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange problem with P5Q-Pro .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trickson

Once again I have noticed a problem with this mobo from not reading my CPU temp right After a BIOS flash and a video card change out NOW it reads the temp at 115*c restart system Bios reads CPU temp fine try to restart when BIOS "Sees" the right temp and I get a CPU over temp error ! and now I can not seem to raise the PCI-E frequency ! ?? WTF ?? Never run into this problem before ! I have always been able to take the PCI-E frequency up to 110 but this this will not even BOOT up if I set it at 105 ! GOD this just seems to be another great thing I got into . why is this stuff happening ? I can not even seem to get a good product any more !

Once again I have noticed a problem with this mobo from not reading my CPU temp right After a BIOS flash and a video card change out NOW it reads the temp at 115*c restart system Bios reads CPU temp fine try to restart when BIOS "Sees" the right temp and I get a CPU over temp error ! and now I can not seem to raise the PCI-E frequency ! ?? WTF ?? Never run into this problem before ! I have always been able to take the PCI-E frequency up to 110 but this this will not even BOOT up if I set it at 105 ! GOD this just seems to be another great thing I got into . why is this stuff happening ? I can not even seem to get a good product any more !
Did you perform a full CMOS clear after your flash?
icon08ss8.gif

Leave the PCIE locked at 100.
Do not rely on PROBE. Period.
See what your readings are in your HARDWARE HEALTH MONITOR.

Did you perform a full CMOS clear after your flash?
icon08ss8.gif

Leave the PCIE locked at 100.
Do not rely on PROBE. Period.
See what your readings are in your HARDWARE HEALTH MONITOR.

Yes before I did the flash I cleared the Cmos and loaded default settings after and still have this happening I even added DYNEX TIM this time and still have the bad reading in the bios . I have tryed all kinds of temp monitoring programs real temp , Everest , core temp and they all seem right on . kinda sucks that this happened all the sudden .
I did a clean install of the OS and still have the same thing going on .

Yes before I did the flash I cleared the Cmos and loaded default settings after and still have this happening I even added DYNEX TIM this time and still have the bad reading in the bios . I have tryed all kinds of temp monitoring programs real temp , Everest , core temp and they all seem right on . kinda sucks that this happened all the sudden .
I did a clean install of the OS and still have the same thing going on .
Sounds like it could be a glitch in the newer BIOS.
If it was working fine previously with the earlier BIOS, back flash.
Just a thought.

Which BIOS version are you using? Have you tried one of Kets modded BIOS?

I am using 2002 verson and NO I did not even know about Kets modded BIOS .
BTW it was working for about 1 month up till I replaced the video card and put a new longer tube on my water block as the one that was there was to short and was touching my video card . once I did this all the temp problems started .

Back