• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg Positive Eggxperience

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

downer

On Saturday 4/18 I ordered a Zotac 9300-ITX motherboard board along with a Silverstone SG05. I got the board on Tuesday 4/21. Later that day, I notice that of course the Zotac mobo is now $10 cheaper. I'm alright with that though, since I am liking the board. I also come to find that the two items are now offered as a combo item, with an additional $23 in savings. I think just my luck, a couple days after ordering and now the two items are offered $33 cheaper.

I remembered reading on forums something like Newegg will sometimes give you a refund for the price difference if items suddenly decrease in price right after you buy them. Their actual policy is that they will refund you the difference if the items are still in transit when you notice the price difference.

The next day I decide to use their live chat service and I speak to a rep, and tell them about my situation. The rep tells me that they cannot refund me the combo price difference of $23, but that they will give me a $10 refund as a courtesy. Thinking that's better than nothing I agree.

Later though I'm still not feeling really satisfied, so I decide to contact another service representative on Newegg's forums. I PM the rep, and once again explain the situation being honest that I was already refunded $10 but that I wanted to know if it would be possible to get the additional $23 refunded. Within a couple hours I get a response and the rep agrees to refund the $23! So I'm able to save $33 on the purchase.

I have to say that I have been ordering from Newegg for years now, maybe somewhere around 8 years. I have never had a problem with their service, shipping is always fast and their whole atmosphere has a very professional feel. I've also never asked for any kind of a pricematch before, and while I didn't feel entitled to the refund, I felt that it was right.

I'll update the thread once I confirm that my account was indeed refunded the money.

Last edited:
I've read a few stories of people doing this. I always thought that if you found something cheaper the next day then you're just out of luck. I never knew some companies actually give you money back. Next time I buy something from the egg I'll make sure to check the price over the next few days. Free moneys I'll take it.

That's an awesome little build you've got in your sig using these components btw :) Do you have a thread about it?

Nope no thread about the build. I have it running right now, but I still need a slim dvd-rom drive. Right now I have my 5 1/4" dvd sitting on top of the case, so I can't even put the top on yet. Maybe once I'm done with the build I'll post up some pics of it :)

I'm ditching my water cooling equipment and opting for SFF and simplicity. I think it's amazing how much power you can fit inside such a small box.

I have some nice reviews of the motherboard and the case bookmarked.

http://vr-zone.com/articles/silverstone-sg05/6703.html?doc=6703

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/motherboards/2009/03/18/zotac-geforce-9300-itx-wifi-review/1

It appears as though you went the same route I did Downer. I just bought the SG05 and 9300 ITX as well. I bought the Sugo at FrozenCPU for $99 though, and waited on the 9300-ITX price drop. You got a pretty sweet deal though. Good luck with the build, my parts come in tomorrow. I accidentally ordered the wrong GTS250, and I now realized I may or may not have enough space for it in the SG05. The card measures 10.23", and the case has 10.5" total. We'll see how it goes... :)

Silverstone states the case can take up to 9" cards in length. In the review I linked to they are able to fit in the 4850 and 4870 cards just barely. Part of the problem was the cards have the pcie connectors facing towards the front of the case, so it makes it an even tighter squeeze.

What if the next day its $10 more? Ya gonna send'em $10? Its the same thing ya know.....

That is true. I wasn't pressing on the matter, I gently asked if they would consider a refund of the difference. They are still making a nice profit regardless.

But to answer your question, no I wouldn't send them $10.

Back