• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Solution Needed] Cpu/Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

b-laze

Hello. Found this forum searching google and it looked nice. looks like it have a big community.

I bought a new pc a month ago, was running a few tests, and posted my results on other forums.

I expected more tho, but what i got told was that my Cpu was a bottleneck for the rest of my system.

I got a;
AMD Phenom(tm) 9850 Quad-Core Processor
Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5.

My issue here seems to be that Amd overdrive gives the following results after a benchmark:

''Test items
Integer Computation ---> 16040
Floating P Computation--> 5678
Memory Speed ---> 880
Cache Speed -----> 13180
Total Score 8688''

So as you can see, my ram speed really making some troouble i guess.
Was looking at someone with same specs as me scoring an average of 2500 at memory speed at stock settings.

heres what my memory info tells right now:

2gig ram + 2 gig ram = 4 gig (dual) (800mhz) says 400 at comp but should be the right i guess.

Freq Slot 1 400mhz 270 mhz
Freq Slot 2 400 270
---------------5---------4------
---------------3---------3------
---------------18-------13------
---------------6---------5------
---------------22-------15------
--------------------------------

(This is info from Amd Overdrive a Basic system information section)

Cas Lat -> 5 clock
Command rate 2T
Row Cycle time 22 clock
Freq 417.90mhz (yes i clocked it a bit) should be like 400
Channel ''single''
Ras to Cas 5 clock
Ras active 15clock
Row precharge 5 clock

And for my cpu issues, beaing a bottleneck, i overclocked it from 2,5ghz to 3ghz on each core (first time clocking = success)

heres some info, if heres something that looks wrong, plz tell me, or if theres anything i can change to raise performance!

AoD Cpu:

Socket 940 AM2+
HT ref clock 208 mhz
Core speed 3030 mhz
NB speed 2090 mhz
Voltage 1.41v
Core multiplier 14.50
NB multiplier 10.00

L1 code and data chache ---> 64kb x 4
l2 512kb x 4
l3 2048kb

''Hyper transport link; Speed 2090 mhz all 16 bits.**

PciE speed clocked from 100 to 115mhz

Thats like the info i can find now that should say anything to someone here that knows (i hope)

I know that memory is maybe my main problem, But i was told my cpu wasnt really that great as everyone wants it to be when it comes to handling tasks in games, and my cpu scores arent so nice either.

so i clocked it to 3ghz on each core. no problems on idle.. but crashes after a while in games. might be that im using a fan i guess..

I know my memory does better than that, because when i first time installed AOD 1 month ago, i ran the benchmark test and i can remember i was on like 1700 or something at memory score there.

Well thnx for helping me out.

post some cpuz screens of the memory tab, you can probably tighten those timings.
it also appears your running in single channel, put your ram in the appropriate slots to gain dual channel mode.

memoryc.png

when you go to the mainboard tab what does it say? something doesnt seem right....

Yeah, I was kinda wondering if RAM was in the appropriate slots myself, not familiar with the system he's using there myself I guess.

i think i found the right one
http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=5pvgDAXJUV2orYzn&templete=2
so going over the book and your first post, you have both dimms in the same color slots? if that is right then the ram should be running dual channel like CPUZ shows. though the other program should match up to cpuz. if your using the yellow colored slots use the black ones instead. test again and see what you get...

i think i found the right one
http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=5pvgDAXJUV2orYzn&templete=2
so going over the book and your first post, you have both dimms in the same color slots? if that is right then the ram should be running dual channel like CPUZ shows. though the other program should match up to cpuz. if your using the yellow colored slots use the black ones instead. test again and see what you get...

Thanx alot for taking you time helping me, really appreciate.
But sadly i have to say it didnt make any difference:confused:

I still get only 800 at memory speed benchmark (as i said earlier i used to score 1500-2500)

I hope someone comes with the working solution.
I will try all attemts suggested. thx

Anything can be done in here?

Attachments

• jau.jpg
    jau.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 125
Back