• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mixing two different 2X2gb kits

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

westerho

I brought a set of GeIL 4GB PC2-6400 C5 Black Dragon (2x2gb) and I'm thinking about adding another 2x2 gb set. Does it make any difference if there not exactly the same make as long as it's the same cas?

Cheers, there going in a asus m379-t deluxe. I knew I should have brought two kits when they were cheap.

works good for me, my mushkins are from late 07, and my dominators are just about 2 months old. the only way to know is to try :) i have absolutely no need for this much ram tho :beer:

I used to use a 2x 1GB kit and a 2x 512MB kit in my old setup and never had any problems. Aslong as there rated at the same speed and latency you shouldn't have a problem. Just don't forget your north bridge voltage may need a slight bump to cope with the 2 extra modules (more so if your system is overclocked).

what about voltage? set it to what ever you want to ;)

i happend to buy a used set of mushkins off the forum here, and they work no problem with my dominators. same with my d9gmh, they all worked together with no problems. the chances of conflict, imo, is low.

Cheers for the help, I've found another set of the black dragons 4gb kit. Should be here Tuesday. I wanted to keep the cost down as I'm looking at a i7 rig. This rams for my wifes photoshop pc.

Back