• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't Change Timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LLJones

Registered
Hello All,

I have tried to change the timings but even changing one by one point causes weird stuff to happen, like a green screen, flash of bsod etc. I have read up on mem, but the more I read the more confusing it gets. So, basic question, screw with the times or just leave well enough alone? The reason I ask is cpuid says the mem at 233 should run at CAS#Latency 3, tRCD 4, tRP 4, tRas 10, tRC 15. It is currently at 5/5/5/15/23.

Info:processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ @3.2 (233x14)
Motherboard: DFI Lan Party DK 790FX-M2RS
Memory: OCZDDR2PC2-6400800MHzATI X-Fire Cert. [email protected]

Thanx

I'll just post the pic. of A64Tweaker for you, so folks don't have to click the link to view it. Also post you current PWM and Genie BIOS settings (just disregard my settings in the template, and replace w/ your own), and post a pic. w/ CPU-Z open to the Memory tab....
Code:
>PWM Settings:

PWM Control.......................... - Enabled
CPU VID Control...................... - 1.23750v
CPU Vid Special Add.................. - Auto
CPU NB Vlotage Control............... - 1.23750v
CPU NB Vid Special Add............... - Auto
DRAM Voltage Control................. - 1.80v
SB PLL 1.2V Voltage.................. - 1.20v
NB Core Voltage...................... - 1.200v
NB PCI-E Voltage..................... - 1.120v
NB HT Voltage........................ - 1.270v

Genie BIOS Settings:

Timing Mode.......................... - Manual
Memory Clock value or Limit.......... - DDR 1066
PCIE 3,4 State....................... - Auto
PCIE 2 State......................... - x2
CPU TLB Cache Fix.................... - Disabled
AMD K8 Cool & Quiet control.......... - Disabled
CPU Clock Ratio...................... - Auto
Spread Spectrum...................... - Disabled
CPU Host/HTT Clock................... - 200mhz
CPU Host/HTT Boot Up Clock........... - 200mhz
CPU Host/HTT Adjustment Gap.......... - 5mhz
PCIE Clock........................... - 100mhz

Attachments

• A64.JPG
    A64.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Sorry, I had to disable driver signing to get correct A64. I'm working on the bios screen shot.

Attachments

• Correct A64.JPG
    Correct A64.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Mem Pic.JPG
    Mem Pic.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 83
Continued,

I used your template and filled in my values. Some I could not find (blank), I opened every menu and sub menu looking.

If the missing numbers are crucial, I can go back and look for them again.

Thanx for the help.

Attachments

• my bios.jpg
    my bios.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
It doesn't look like A64Tweaker is compatible w/ 64-bit Windows, since the timings don't match with those shown in CPU-Z. And apparently the template I posted doesn't coincide with your BIOS options (may be an outdated BIOS revision). One last thing you can do is just write down all of your current RAM timings (including sub-timings), and just post them in this thread. Your RAM at the moment is running at a DRAM frequency of 930 MHz and 5-5-5-15; 2.175 Vdimm at an HTT clock of 233 MHz. The RAM is spec'd to run at 4-4-4-15; 1.9 - 2.1 Vdimm at 800 MHz. So if you'd like to keep the NB strap at it's current (200 / 800; 1:2 ratio), then you're on the right track with the four primary timings of 5-5-5-15. You'll just need to post the rest of your sub-timings so we can see what they're set to currently.

I'll have to that tomorrow. Right now I'm fighting a hell of a good head cold and have taken enough meds to start "tripping the light fantastic".

But thank you very much for your help to this point.

Back