• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problems with Zotac 9300-ITX: Smartfan/BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamesman32

I just recently purchased a Zotac 9300-ITX, and I've got a few problems, namely these two

1. PC Health Status menu is not in BIOS
I tried flashing the BIOS again, and talked to a Zotac service rep. He said that Smartfan Controls and the OC capab/ilities had been disabled because "N00bs we're frying their boards". Not only did I not believe this, but I disproved it. I checked the BIOS, and I could in fact OC. It was quite stable as well. I'm just really annoyed by the fact that I cant control my fan speed. My PC is now a vacuum, of sorts. So, any ideas with this one? What's left to do?

2. The computer itself sometimes doesn't boot
The computer will turn on, but my fans will spin at somewhat of an idle speed, and my monitor will get no input, neither from the video card, nor the onboard. It takes numerous hard shut downs and reboots just to get the PC to boot up correctly. This happens a lot after changing BIOS settings especially.

Overall, anyone have any ideas whats up? There's a thread on the MB on Hard Forum, and so far nobody has had the problems I've had.

I have a Zotac 630i, and for a while I had your second problem. I found that selecting "Load Optimized Defaults" in the BIOS fixed everything, 100% of the time, while making changes to something as simple as the boot order would cause it to fail to boot more often than not.

Back